Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 16 - West Coast Eagles

With Cox and Natanui both played last week, I would not be surprised if we also had 2 ruckmen played

The thing with Goodsey is, he can't/won't kick through the ball anymore. (That's with the right foot I mean) I assume due to his knee.

He had about 10 kicks on Saturday and every one was a little dinky nothing kick. The only time he actually gave the ball a thump, was his missed snap on the left.

I hope they rest him this week and give Membrey a run....But I bet they don't.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    The thing with Goodsey is, he can't/won't kick through the ball anymore. (That's with the right foot I mean) I assume due to his knee.

He had about 10 kicks on Saturday and every one was a little dinky nothing kick. The only time he actually gave the ball a thump, was his missed snap on the left.

You might be disappointed Ernie in that Horse said today that Goodesy will play his 341st game on Saturday and that he is amazed at how he is going - doesn't seem at all fazed by his 'little dinky nothing kicks'. So barring the unforeseen, AG will be lining up v West Coast.

Prepare to be disappointed Ernie in that Horse said today that Goodesy will play his 341st game on Saturday and that he is amazed at how he is going - doesn't seem at all fazed by his 'little dinky nothing kicks'. So barring the unforeseen, AG will be lining up v West Coast.

Blog Entries
    The only current Swan older than O'Keefe is Adam Goodes, who will celebrate another milestone in this week's trip to Perth to face West Coast.

The 34-year-old, who has played nine straight senior games following a 10-month layoff with a knee injury, will break Andrew McLeod's games record for an indigenous player against the Eagles.

Goodes will play game No.341, which also draws him level with Chris Grant in 14th place in the sport's history.
    Time running out for O'Keefe but Longmire hopes veteran stays positive - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Goodesy is running at 90% at the moment. We all know his knee (right one from memory) is bad, my understanding is that it is effectively bone rubbing against bone. Maybe he is just managing his body (ie. kicking and sprinting) so that he can perform at his maximum in the tail end of the finals. He knows his body really well and only trains for the amount he thinks he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed Ernie in that Horse said today that Goodesy will play his 341st game on Saturday and that he is amazed at how he is going - doesn't seem at all fazed by his 'little dinky nothing kicks'. So barring the unforeseen, AG will be lining up v West Coast.
    And I've seen just about every one of those games, and love watching him play.

Considering he's playing hobbled, his impact has been good.

But this week, on the big WA ground, I would of liked to see Membrey get a run.

What I do hope, but I'm not sure about, is that when he takes a mark or gets a free, inside the 50, he goes back and has the shot at goal.

I'm not having a go at him, it just seems, going on last Saturday, that his body won't let him.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 30th June 2014 at 11:41 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if Goodesy is running at 90% at the moment. We all know his knee (right one from memory) is bad, my understanding is that it is effectively bone rubbing against bone. Maybe he is just managing his body (ie. kicking and sprinting) so that he can perform at his maximum in the tail end of the finals. He knows his body really well and only trains for the amount he thinks he needs.
    Sounds like he's taking a leaf out of Micky O's textbook.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Sounds like he's taking a leaf out of Micky O's textbook.
    Let's hope he can kick a little straighter if we make the GF.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    With Cox and Natanui both played last week, I would not be surprised if we also had 2 ruckmen played
    Saw an article yesterday in which someone from the Eagles said that they'd be looking at resting Nic Nat in the next few weeks...he didn't have a single kick or mark on the weekend so maybe it will be the Swans game he misses?

Would be handy for us because he is one of those unique players that has the ability to lift an entire team and stadium with a single piece of brilliance.

Senior Player
    In all likelihood there will be no changes for this week. I suspect most people agree as there has not been much activity on this thread ( which is unusual). I too would love to see membrey play soon to see what he can do. Not sure about this week though. West coast will be tough over there. I think he is next to come in only if goodes is deemed not right to play for medical reasons ( ie his knee ). I think that is unlikely though given horses comments. Gotta see what the injury update says.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    In all likelihood there will be no changes for this week. I suspect most people agree as there has not been much activity on this thread ( which is unusual). I too would love to see membrey play soon to see what he can do. Not sure about this week though. West coast will be tough over there. I think he is next to come in only if goodes is deemed not right to play for medical reasons ( ie his knee ). I think that is unlikely though given horses comments. Gotta see what the injury update says.
    Only issue is K Jack's ribs, I reckon. But yesterday Longmire said he was good to go. No changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Saw an article yesterday in which someone from the Eagles said that they'd be looking at resting Nic Nat in the next few weeks...he didn't have a single kick or mark on the weekend so maybe it will be the Swans game he misses?

Would be handy for us because he is one of those unique players that has the ability to lift an entire team and stadium with a single piece of brilliance.
    The way Nic Nat's been playing we would be better off if he was in the side. At least he would be taking up the position of someone who could damage us.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast