Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 16 - West Coast Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Saw an article yesterday in which someone from the Eagles said that they'd be looking at resting Nic Nat in the next few weeks...he didn't have a single kick or mark on the weekend so maybe it will be the Swans game he misses?

Would be handy for us because he is one of those unique players that has the ability to lift an entire team and stadium with a single piece of brilliance.
    Why would they need to rest Nic Nat, its not like they will be playing in September?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Why would they need to rest Nic Nat, its not like they will be playing in September?
    I'm not sure Jewels it didn't go into specifics! I guess it would be just in respects to player management in the longterm...he had no pre-season so will no doubt hit a metaphorical wall. But in saying that, there is a bye coming up so you'd think that'd be enough of a rest!

Regular in the Side
    It looks like we are going to play in the rain. We need to be careful in our selection!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It looks like we are going to play in the rain. We need to be careful in our selection!
    That's a good reason not to play derrickx as well as pyke.

Also do the ressies watchers think membrey would do well in the wet being a bit shorter ?

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    That's a good reason not to play derrickx as well as pyke.

Also do the ressies watchers think membrey would do well in the wet being a bit shorter ?
    I think membrey only chance of a game this year is a replacement for goodes if hes injured.

Let's leave the resting for when we playing Carlton at the SCG.

Have no doubt, beating the Eagles will not be easy. Massive danger game.

Given our form in the last few weeks aint been brilliant I don't think we should be resting anyone voluntarily. Injuries are doing that for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Let's leave the resting for when we playing Carlton at the SCG.

Yeah, but them backing up after a derby will help us.

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    Given our form in the last few weeks aint been brilliant I don't think we should be resting anyone voluntarily. Injuries are doing that for us.
    Injuries don't help much. What about the players who aren't injured? As an example I'd like to have a good team on the ground so that someone like Jack or Kennedy can have a week off prior to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Agree with this. It really does feel like a danger game...If it's wet, I'm smelling an ambush.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Agree with this. It really does feel like a danger game...If it's wet, I'm smelling an ambush.
    I don't get the fear that some have about playing football in the rain. There seems to be a panic about the weather forecast. I don't believe that our team is any better or worse than any other team in the wet. Why would WC be any better than us in the wet? What makes a wet weather team and a dry weather team. All players have been playing in the rain since they were kids. It is a winter sport. So why would some be better than others? Did we recruit a bunch of dry weather footballers?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I don't get the fear that some have about playing football in the rain. There seems to be a panic about the weather forecast. I don't believe that our team is any better or worse than any other team in the wet. Why would WC be any better than us in the wet? What makes a wet weather team and a dry weather team. All players have been playing in the rain since they were kids. It is a winter sport. So why would some be better than others? Did we recruit a bunch of dry weather footballers?
    The only answer I can give to all your questions is....Have a look at our recent history in wet games....It's very poor.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast