Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 16 - West Coast Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I don't get the fear that some have about playing football in the rain. There seems to be a panic about the weather forecast. I don't believe that our team is any better or worse than any other team in the wet. Why would WC be any better than us in the wet? What makes a wet weather team and a dry weather team. All players have been playing in the rain since they were kids. It is a winter sport. So why would some be better than others? Did we recruit a bunch of dry weather footballers?
    I thought this way also until round 1 this year when we turned into sugar babies once the rain started falling and that thought was backed up in round 4 when we looked more like kids on a slip'n'slide than a team of professional athletes!
    I'd like to think we would be better now, but I'm just too worried about the outcome so instead I'll pray for a dry track.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    The only games we've lost this year have been in the wet.

I dont think the wet ball suits our way of moving the ball through congestion and the long kick wet weather style of play is not our forte.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

We've also had a win in the wet this year though haven't we ?

Senior Player
    I'm also a little worried about the wet too. The only game like I feel our handling has been really clean was the Geelong game. All the others I feel we have won by hardness at the ball rather than clean handling. And our handling will get even worse in the rain

We lost those games because we were lazy, not because of the weather. Two of those games we led for most of the time and collapsed in the last quarter. Not climate-related.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    As far as I am aware we are 0-3 in the wet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    We lost those games because we were lazy, not because of the weather. Two of those games we led for most of the time and collapsed in the last quarter. Not climate-related.
    Disagree. Running with numbers to the contest on a wet track is hard going.

Collingwood probably would have beaten us anyway because they're Collingwood, but the Kangaroos just played better than us in the wet. We were passing to hit up targets, they bombed to the square and crumbed goals.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    Horse said TDx might play. But they are talking up Goodes beating the record for most games by an Indigenous player. Swans can't take WCE for granted either. I don't think it'll be this week that he's rested.
    Noted and agreed - Adam will play and break the record.

The number of rucks will align with West Coasts..

Perhaps a kid may miss a game if a 2nd ruck is needed.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    That's a good reason not to play derrickx as well as pyke.

Also do the ressies watchers think membrey would do well in the wet being a bit shorter ?
    Are you suggesting he cuts his legs off?

Since it's looking like rain we might as well play Tom D instead of Pyke. He should have a decent game, since we can blame his fumbling and dropped marks on the poor conditions.

If the rain is going to be heavy, I would bring in ROK for Pyke and play him as the full time ruckman, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Are you suggesting he cuts his legs off?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I think you must be thinking of the Richmond game as there was a very fine mist of rain that evening, but it was extremely fine and only started about a half hour before the game so the ground wasn't wet.

Wow Hewitt into the 25 man squad! Didn't see that one coming! I would predict no chance of playing but still a good sign for him from the coaches!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast