Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reviews

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    Thank you Jewels, Mel and Erica for your very kind words. I'm really enjoying putting a few words together about the Swannies, and the way that we're playing at the moment is making it even more enjoyable! I will certainly continue to post a match review each week for the rest of the season on RWO if Swans supporters like yourselves find them to be good reads. Thanks again.
    Hi joe.
    There is a section under Articles to post match reviews. I (or another mod) can convert these ones to an article. if no one else does it, I'll do it next week, can't do it on my phone.
    Cheers

Great stuff Joe...Keep them coming.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Terrific stuff Joe.

Brings back memories those great wins. Hope there are many more to come including last weekend in September.

Thank you Jewels, Mel and Erica for your very kind words. I'm really enjoying putting a few words together about the Swannies, and the way that we're playing at the moment is making it even more enjoyable! I will certainly continue to post a match review each week for the rest of the season on RWO if Swans supporters like yourselves find them to be good reads. Thanks again.
    Keep em coming Joe. It's esp. great for us Melburnians to get that SCG feel.

Warming the Bench
    Thanks guys. I'll keep em coming for sure. 'Melb Blood Bro', I actually live in Hobart but try to get to a few games at both the SCG and MCG each year. 'Swanny40519' I hope I haven't jinxed anything, but I have already booked flights and accommodation for Grand Final weekend! If we don't make it, I'll just head along to the Rising Sun!

Thanks Joe

I must say i have tried a few varieties of hot toddy over the years

I played golf for a little while with a lovely scotsman who would bring along a thermus flask of Hot Toddy in the middle of winter. On the fifth hole early in the morning in the freezing cold, he would say "alright laddies its time for a hot toddy" and we would all stand there, over looking the pretty course, mist rolling in some days and we would all say

"Slainte. Here's tae ye"

i personally dont like to drink when playing golf but i must say a couple nips of this warming beverage with a few mates was all class and just the tonic to warm up and make the day even more magical !

while spending time in the States (middle of a Washington DC Winter) i was introduced to a warm whiskey cider which was hard to beat !

recipe -

Ingredients: traditional 1

1.5 shots of whiskey but you can use, brandy or rum
    1 Tablespoon honey
    1/4 lemon
    1 cup hot water

Ingredients: traditional 2

1 and a half shots of whiskey
    1 Tablespoon honey
    1/4 lemon
    1 cup hot water
    1 tea bag

my version :

1 Tablespoon honey
    1/4 lemon
    1 cup hot water
    1 tea bag of rooibos tea which is simply amazing !
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 3rd July 2014 at 11:43 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Warming the Bench
    Thanks Auntie Gerald, I'm going to steal your recipe!

Thanks guys. I'll keep em coming for sure. 'Melb Blood Bro', I actually live in Hobart but try to get to a few games at both the SCG and MCG each year. 'Swanny40519' I hope I haven't jinxed anything, but I have already booked flights and accommodation for Grand Final weekend! If we don't make it, I'll just head along to the Rising Sun!
    Is that the Rising Sun in South Melb where we have our Blood Brother get togethers? What happens there on game day, do they telecast the match?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Thanks Joe

I must say i have tried a few varieties of hot toddy over the years

I played golf for a little while with a lovely scotsman who would bring along a thermus flask of Hot Toddy in the middle of winter. On the fifth hole early in the morning in the freezing cold, he would say "alright laddies its time for a hot toddy" and we would all stand there, over looking the pretty course, mist rolling in some days and we would all say

"Slainte. Here's tae ye"

i personally dont like to drink when playing golf but i must say a couple nips of this warming beverage with a few mates was all class and just the tonic to warm up and make the day even more magical !

while spending time in the States (middle of a Washington DC Winter) i was introduced to a warm whiskey cider which was hard to beat !

recipe -

Ingredients: traditional 1

1.5 shots of whiskey but you can use, brandy or rum
    1 Tablespoon honey
    1/4 lemon
    1 cup hot water

Ingredients: traditional 2

1 Tablespoon honey
    1/4 lemon
    1 cup hot water
    1 tea bag

my version :

1 Tablespoon honey
    1/4 lemon
    1 cup hot water
    1 tea bag of rooibos tea which is simply amazing !
    They sound like good remedies for a cold. I've had a dry cough for over a month; I'll have to try it.

enjoy

BTW the fella (the Scot) I played golf with had a few $ tucked away and he always used lovely old scottish single malt......no doubt a little expensive

For a non lover of whiskey i must it was very nice
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Thanks Auntie Gerald, I'm going to steal your recipe!
    I like my recipe better;
    1 x glass of whiskey,
    small amount of ice,
    Drink

Warming the Bench
    [QUOTE=Melb Blood Bro;646113]Is that the Rising Sun in South Melb where we have our Blood Brother get togethers? What happens there on game day, do they telecast the match?

Yeah that's the one mate. I often drop in when I'm in Melbourne, they show all the Swannies games, get a pretty good crowd in there too. I'm sure they would do something on GF day, but if the Bloods are playing, I'll be at the 'G!

[QUOTE=joemoore12;646122]
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    Is that the Rising Sun in South Melb where we have our Blood Brother get togethers? What happens there on game day, do they telecast the match?

Yeah that's the one mate. I often drop in when I'm in Melbourne, they show all the Swannies games, get a pretty good crowd in there too. I'm sure they would do something on GF day, but if the Bloods are playing, I'll be at the 'G!
    Never knew that Joe. Thanks. It's a bit far for me if I'm having a beer or two and using public transport. I go there for the BB get togethers but drive.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast