Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where is Gary Rohan at with his career?

Goes up to 11
    Yep good game from Gazza today given the conditions - very nice defensive pressure. He'll be better for the run and with a talent like him he's worth keeping in....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Yep good game from Gazza today given the conditions - very nice defensive pressure. He'll be better for the run and with a talent like him he's worth keeping in....
    So the question is with a fit Tippett, who goes out for Rohan?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    So the question is with a fit Tippett, who goes out for Rohan?
    Probably Jack. But would be a toss up between the two. They are both quick, apply good pressure, are learning and make plenty of mistakes mixed in with their good efforts.

Senior Player
    I agree if drop b jack. I'd be keen to see Rohan play off half back the role that shaw had been playing. Maybe Zak jones is sub next week.

On the Rookie List
    Would be surprised to see Zak Jones play next week due to concussion.

Gazza to replace B.Jack who needs to work on his disposal efficiency. He gets to great positions then fluffs things.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodStainAngel View Post
    It didn't sound too bad in longmires post game interview. He may decide to rest him because he's a newcomer but I doubt one of the more senior guys would be rested based on that degree of concussion today. Of course it's just my suspicion.

If jones doesn't play then the question of who is dropped for tippetts return is answered.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodStainAngel View Post
    Agree. You need to be carful with young players.

Not sure if Tippett's knee injury is a relapse of earlier in the year. In the end I think it was tactically better for the Swans to have Tippett out in those wet conditions and to have the pace of Rohan and Jack who nailed 7 tackles each.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Gazza to replace B.Jack who needs to work on his disposal efficiency. He gets to great positions then fluffs things.
    Yep. BJ needs some time in the Magoos I think. I thought his disposal was poor last week too. If Tippett doesn't play next week it would be a good time to throw Membrey in the team to see how he goes. I think Zak will be okay to play.

very very very specific role for Rohan to complete today

mission accomplished.......... and great for his confidence me thinks !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I agree with the general consensus on here, he had a good game...Great to see, because he seems to be in the middle of a confidence slump....

He needs to get his mojo back.

He just seems to be in need of that one magical moment, which is alluding him at present.

As a Swans, and G Rohan, fan, it's riveting to watch.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Whilst he wasn't terrible today, his 7 tackles were good, he just doesn't find enough of the footy. 8 possessions and i think 4 of those came in a 10 minute period. And as soon as he took that mark inside 50 he was never going to kick it and was looking for buddy straight away. If he is going to play forward he needs to go back and kick those. I don't feel he has the hardness and mongrel too play midfield. So it only leaves half back for me. If Jones doesn't come up, maybe he can slot in there to see how he goes. If not back to reserves to continue his half back education.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast