Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where is Gary Rohan at with his career?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolie View Post
    It was a difficult day in the wet but the attempted pass to Franklin was just plain dumb. The whole crowd could see what he was going to do, including incredulously, the swans supporters. Franklin led, exposing the goals - all Rohan had to do was have a ping , the ball would have skidded through. Instead GH honoured the lead. as someone here said maybe he has not got enough mongrel
    in him. clearly overawed on that occasion. Disheartening to see that sort of play at the game. At that time the swans needed a buffer. Things were still tense at that stage.
    That's a relatively harsh reading, Nolie. I was urging him to have a ping, but I didn't overly mind the idea to kick to Franklin- when Gary got the ball I'm sure the only folks in the F50 were Lance and his defender, they just didn't have the timing right (both Lance to lead and Gary to try to hit him up) and it gave West Coast a chance to get back.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    But is that after or before he broke his leg?

Jetta said that a couple of weeks ago. Though he didn't say over what distance.

Michael Barlow took 18 months to return to his pre leg fracture form. And his is a game built more on smarts and inside ball winning. His fracture was not as bad as Gary's, whose strengths are speed and spring.
    He needs more time, but needs to play to get his body and mind to be able to put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    That's a relatively harsh reading, Nolie. I was urging him to have a ping, but I didn't overly mind the idea to kick to Franklin- when Gary got the ball I'm sure the only folks in the F50 were Lance and his defender, they just didn't have the timing right (both Lance to lead and Gary to try to hit him up) and it gave West Coast a chance to get back.
    It was very poor play by Rohan. He made it very clear to the defenders that he was never going for the goal. As a result Buddy had to present but the defender was wearing him like a glove. His kick to Franklin was an absolute shocker, clearly the kick of someone down on confidence.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    It was very poor play by Rohan. He made it very clear to the defenders that he was never going for the goal. As a result Buddy had to present but the defender was wearing him like a glove. His kick to Franklin was an absolute shocker, clearly the kick of someone down on confidence.
    I'm not suggesting it was great- but I think it's a harsh reading of a moment. If memory serves, big key forward was all alone with his defender in the F50, and guy who was about 55 out looked to hit him up- it wasn't well executed, it took too long and it was easy pickings for a defender flooding back. If he hits up Buddy for a mark from a good kick I think people view it as taking the right option and doing the team thing.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Goes up to 11
    Gazza did well tonight and it was a joy to see him celebrate that goal.

He competed strongly and he did look good rebounding off half back. We need to keep him in the team as he'll get better and more confident with each outing.....

Gazza was awesome tonight... played forward and back and did well on both sides.
    Can't ask for much more from the kid.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I think gazza showed something last night that we have been waiting for. He still has only 38 afl games but most of those were pre injury. 12 games post injury so he's almost like a 12 gamer. As I said I think he showed a lot of potential of half back. One or two missed tackles but I know he's gonna get better at that. I would keep him in next round depending in who comes back from injury. Long term I think he takes shaws position

He continues to improve bit by bit, week by week. That great goal will give him some more confidence - lets hope he can build on last night and continue to regain confidence in the fsntastic ability he has.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I think gazza showed something last night that we have been waiting for. He still has only 38 afl games but most of those were pre injury. 12 games post injury so he's almost like a 12 gamer. As I said I think he showed a lot of potential of half back. One or two missed tackles but I know he's gonna get better at that. I would keep him in next round depending in who comes back from injury. Long term I think he takes shaws position
    Agree. Half back for me is is natural spot.

Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    Agree. Half back for me is is natural spot.
    Agree as well. I think he is being groomed when Shaw, Mal leave to take over. He has height, pace, can mark, tackles well - so suits the role very well.

Thought he did very well last night and hope he keeps getting a game.

Such a confidence player.

Unashamedly love the red head but
    he really needs to start doing more. He actively needs to seek out the ball and become more involved.

He plays a lot like Jetta at times and just sits off and waits for the ball.

I think the more he plays in a half back position the more he will be forced/encouraged into getting his hands on the ball and I think that's a very good thing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast