Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where is Gary Rohan at with his career?

Where is Gary Rohan at with his career?

Has lots of pace and can tackle. Maybe his best spot is a running defender on small forwards. Does not seem to have much influence through the midfield or up forearm at the moment.

Yeah I think hell replace shaw next year.

But at the moment he seems to be first reserve forward.

Warming the Bench
    when he finds some form and confidence he can play anywhere.improved showing today
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.
    Was ok today. Made great positions, ran hard but wasn't rewarded with good service. Keep him in. Good as a forward, put him high on the flank. Or running out of defense.

It was a hard game to be a forward, especially when your main weapon is pace. No space at all in the forward line today.

His defensive game was really good, he just didn't do a great deal much offensively. He looks better in the back half where he's got space in front of him, but even if Shaw retires AJ and Zak will also be pressing for halfback positions. Rohan will probably continue playing as swingman.

I thought Gaz tried very hard today. Did some really good tap ons. smothers, tackles. But also a couple of glaring bloopers - trying to pass to Buddy rather than have a shot for goal with the wind behind you. I would keep him in for next week.

Suspended by the MRP
    He completed 7 tackles, which would have pleased Longmire. I think he has some potential as a tagger on tall midfield types. If his engine can improve he may be able to play on the likes of Nat Fyfe and Patrick Dangerfield.

He think he needs some continuity in the seniors and with doubt around Tippett and Jones he should play against Carlton.

Veterans List
    Personally thought he did plenty of things right tonight. Should certainly be thinking he's a chance to be playing next week.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought he was really good today.

I thought his first half was rough but he improved in the second half. Not very good conditions for a runner like him. He appears to be down on confidence based on some of his errors. I can't see him coming good this year but hopefully a good preseason will do him some good.

I'm happy with where he is at. He is holding the ball in and panicking defenders. And I can see him slingshotting balls over the back every so often.

Veterans List
    I thought he was ok today also. Certainly better than he has showed in previous games this year. He did have about the worst leg break of all time, so we can't expect him to go to another level yet. I agree, wait until next year before we talk about where he is at on the list. It really is time on the ground at the top level that will see him develop. If he stays in the team for a few games we might just see him breakout.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast