Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reid

Tom Harley saying yesterday he saw Reid as future AA centre half back. Seems a good bet. In the meantime he can swing.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    You want every player to tag Nat Fyfe. Or Dangerfield. Particularly if they are coming back from injury or otherwise down on confidence.
    I've only proposed Garry Rohan and Sam Reid as a tag on Tall midfielders.

You can get a Craig Bird to go with Fyfe in close contested packs, but Fyfe will kill him in the air when in open play drifting forward. Rohan or Reid are tall, athletic, both have great leaps and Fyfe would not dominate them in the air. Until Rohan is 100% fit and firing I would not give him that job.

I think Reid would be wonderful on Fyfe and may be able to hurt Fyfe in the air going the other way.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I've only proposed Garry Rohan and Sam Reid as a tag on Tall midfielders.

You can get a Craig Bird to go with Fyfe in close contested packs, but Fyfe will kill him in the air when in open play drifting forward. Rohan or Reid are tall, athletic, both have great leaps and Fyfe would not dominate them in the air. Until Rohan is 100% fit and firing I would not give him that job.

I think Reid would be wonderful on Fyfe and may be able to hurt Fyfe in the air going the other way.
    There is only one Craig Bird and Fyfe would be far too quick and have far superior stamina for Reid to tag him. Surely that suggestion was tongue in cheek Matty.

Reid is actually quite quick and has a massive tank.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    There is only one Craig Bird and Fyfe would be far too quick and have far superior stamina for Reid to tag him. Surely that suggestion was tongue in cheek Matty.
    I'm dead serious. Reid has the pace and stamina to do the job. He is actually quite good in tight with his tackling and hand balling.

If he is going to do any tagging, Reid should tag dre everitt this week. Dre is in outstanding form.

Quote Originally Posted by churry View Post
    If he is going to do any tagging, Reid should tag dre everitt this week. Dre is in outstanding form.
    Dre is doing much better than "The Great White Hope". I'm just a bit sad we lost Dre.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Dre is doing much better than "The Great White Hope". I'm just a bit sad we lost Dre.
    Yep, I was sad we lost him too, he was a favourite of mine. And as far as the other one goes, some things just never change!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Yep, I was sad we lost him too, he was a favourite of mine. And as far as the other one goes, some things just never change!
    I always liked Andre, but I just couldn't see where he would fit in to our 22 once Buddy signed, and its still the same. Great to see him doing well at Carlton, and hope he has a good game on Saturday night (but not too good loL!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by churry View Post
    Hasn't Everitt been a tagger for them this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Ditto on both counte Jewels.

Not that I wasn't fond of the man from the Gold Coast, but I'm glad he is where he is.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Hasn't Everitt been a tagger for them this year?
    He has been given a lot of defensive roles but was set free on the weekend (probably because of the opposition) and absolutely dominated..particularly the first quarter. Had something like 12 kicks 1 handball (100% disposal efficiency) 7 marks (St Kilda only managed 10 from the whole team) and kicked a goal as well...pretty decent quarter of football.

In saying all of that I still don't think he would be getting a game in our current 22

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast