Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 17 V Carlton

Senior Player
    Wow. Just read the injury report. The reserves are really gonna struggle. Allir gone as already said. Nankervis out with finger fracture plus cover for the senior injuries

Well I was wrong about the Tippett omission being tactical. Bugger. Shame they took him to Perth in retrospect, given the forecast, but that's all fish and chip wrapper now. The question really is whether or not Gaz keeps his place or if they go for a ball winner like Mitchell. Depends on the structure the coaching staff decide to employ methinks. Early reports on Jones were that he was ok but it'll really depend on how he pulled up on Monday. Concussion tends to play out over a day or two until you figure out how severe it is.

However we go, I'd love to see Buddy play further up the ground where he has been so damaging. Wrestling in the forward 50 isn't how he's best used, as everyone knows. Hopefully we'll figure out a way to make that happen.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    What about salary cap concerns with any more upgrades? I thought that was an issue before. I like the idea of Biggs being upgraded but didn't think there was room in sal cap
    That's a good point, but how would we know? It would be very poor planning on the management not to take that into consideration as you have to expect a few long term injuries during the year.

To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever produced a document showing in detail what makes up the salary cap. It's probably easier to get the 2012 Essendon injection schedule than a salary cap explanation.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Well I was wrong about the Tippett omission being tactical. Bugger. Shame they took him to Perth in retrospect, given the forecast, but that's all fish and chip wrapper now.
    If you read the NEAFL Wrap, Crouch says they were planning to fly two emergencies back from Perth to Wollongong. My guess being Rohan and Derickx. So it looks like Tippett was taken to Perth with the full expectation that he would play.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    That's a good point, but how would we know? It would be very poor planning on the management not to take that into consideration as you have to expect a few long term injuries during the year.

To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever produced a document showing in detail what makes up the salary cap. It's probably easier to get the 2012 Essendon injection schedule than a salary cap explanation.
    You're right we wouldn't know. I remember ugg writing that horse had unequivocally stated that we can't upgrade any more rookies. There was discussion at the time that we thought there was the ability within the rules ( eg rookie elevation after round 11) and there fore because horse said we can't upgrade anyone else it must have been because of salary cap concerns rather than list issues. Having said that I think if we have another player on the long term Injured list ( in allir) then the sal cap issue may not apply

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Just differentiating between fit to play and playing hurt. Also looking for a small reason to get Mitchell into the side.

Well, I was wrong about the Tippett's knee soreness being a ploy. Now it's a real concern.

Looks as if there are no concerns about Zak Jones either. Was probably just too much rain in his eyes. He's a tough kid to get straight up from that hit.

We could go in unchanged.
    Unfortunately I was wrong about Tippett also. His knee is becoming a real concern. Can someone clarify what the actual injury is and what the likely prognosis is? My understanding of his injury at the time (late last year) was that is was going to be a very long term injury that would need to be managed (as opposed to cured).

I think Zak will play. It has to be pretty serious to miss the following week and I don't think he's in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Parker did get 4 hitouts though to add to his stats for the day

At least one of those was against Cox.

More and more I find myself asking, "What would Parker do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    Unfortunately I was wrong about Tippett also. His knee is becoming a real concern. Can someone clarify what the actual injury is and what the likely prognosis is? My understanding of his injury at the time (late last year) was that is was going to be a very long term injury that would need to be managed (as opposed to cured).

I think Zak will play. It has to be pretty serious to miss the following week and I don't think he's in that category.
    the report said they had scan which showed bone bruising.

this can be very hard to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    the report said they had scan which showed bone bruising.

this can be very hard to deal with
    It said 'minor bone inflammation' which I think is a bit different. We may need an expert medical opinion.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Zac Jones has to be rested after a knock like that. He's young, talented and a future leader. Look after him.

Gary Rohan - Play him again. He needs game time, and whilst not in our current 'best 22, there is big upside on what he may bring.

Kieran Jack - rest? I know we have a bye post Carlton but he is clearly playing sore (ribs). I'd rest him and give him a fortnight off.

I'm not taking the Carlton game lightly as we had a Perth trip and a hard slog. Some people would say that we may be ripe for the picking with Carlton at long odds. If I was neutral, I'd have some money on the Blues to get within the points spread.

Out: Jones, K. Jack
    In: Mitchell (if fit), Hewitt

Read this somewhere about Tippett thought it was quite funny, if not a little crass for RWO tastes. " Kurt Tippett , more like Kurt Tampon. In for 1 and out for 3".

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Zac Jones has to be rested after a knock like that. He's young, talented and a future leader. Look after him.

Gary Rohan - Play him again. He needs game time, and whilst not in our current 'best 22, there is big upside on what he may bring.

Kieran Jack - rest? I know we have a bye post Carlton but he is clearly playing sore (ribs). I'd rest him and give him a fortnight off.

I'm not taking the Carlton game lightly as we had a Perth trip and a hard slog. Some people would say that we may be ripe for the picking with Carlton at long odds. If I was neutral, I'd have some money on the Blues to get within the points spread.

Out: Jones, K. Jack
    In: Mitchell (if fit), Hewitt
    I agree with you on all counts.

Every player I've ever heard talk about the after effects of concussion say, they never play well the week or 2 after being concussed...

So even putting aside the health vagaries of the after effects of being concussed, there seems no point in rushing Jones back in this week.

Bring in Mitchell I say.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast