Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luke Parker ELITE ?

Parker may look like he was a little slow because he was 18/19 and still working into his game. He is now 21. that makes all the difference, apparently. He knows what he is doing. He isn't fussed by the opposition. He has a very steady head and quick reaction times. Thinks on his feet and stays on his feet. Maybe not quite elite yet, but would we be willing to trade him. I think not. Ever. He will work his way into elite status, and sooner rather than later. It gives me a real kick to see him do what I thought he would be capable of doing from the getgo.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Parker may look like he was a little slow because he was 18/19 and still working into his game. He is now 21. that makes all the difference, apparently. He knows what he is doing. He isn't fussed by the opposition. He has a very steady head and quick reaction times. Thinks on his feet and stays on his feet. Maybe not quite elite yet, but would we be willing to trade him. I think not. Ever. He will work his way into elite status, and sooner rather than later. It gives me a real kick to see him do what I thought he would be capable of doing from the getgo.
    Careful Primmy, I can just see hundreds of posts following yours proposing he could be worth a high first rounder to pick up a mid with quick leg speed or to trade for a "much needed" KPD

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Careful Primmy, I can just see hundreds of posts following yours proposing he could be worth a high first rounder to pick up a mid with quick leg speed or to trade for a "much needed" KPD
    I'm proud to announce that Parker is indispensable and will not be a Matt80 trade option. He is the gun who you build your team around. I want to keep him at the a Swans for the entirety of his career. He will be the next club Captain without a doubt.

Matt80, peel those tickets off yourself. You're covered in them.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Matt80, peel those tickets off yourself. You're covered in them.
    People on Red and White think I'm trying to sell the farm, because I speculate and strategise on players who may or may not want to leave the club.

Luke Parker is one player I will never speculate on as he is a superstar and the next captain of our club. I wanted to make this view clear otherwise the Red and White community will think I want to seell Parker, which I don't.

You call this "tickets on yourself", I call it communication.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I don't think Parker will be the next captain...as swans tradition goes I'd say McVeigh will step down either at the end of this year or next and be replaced by JPK...then another year or two after that Jack could take a back-seat and allow a Hannebery or Parker to take over then...the co-captaincy thing works magnificently...can't see it changing any time soon!

I don't see Hanners as captain, but definitely leadership group. I think Nick Smith will be Co-captain before JPK

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    People on Red and White think I'm trying to sell the farm
    No, wrong again...

People on Red and White (well me anyway) think you play the forum like a small forward....Putting yourself front and centre, again and again and again.

It's getting tedious.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I remember our Dorothy's first game - fractured cheekbone after being taken out by cheap shot in Derby 1 at Homebush 2012. Had his head over the ball then and has continued to do so with barely a bad game in that time.

I'm proud to announce that Parker is indispensable and will not be a Matt80 trade option. He is the gun who you build your team around. I want to keep him at the a Swans for the entirety of his career. He will be the next club Captain without a doubt.
    You've really done it now Matt80. I predict Parker will be the first trade this trade period!

Veterans List
    People on Red and White think I'm trying to sell the farm, because I speculate and strategise on players who may or may not want to leave the club.

Luke Parker is one player I will never speculate on as he is a superstar and the next captain of our club. I wanted to make this view clear otherwise the Red and White community will think I want to seell Parker, which I don't.

You call this "tickets on yourself", I call it communication.
    Some might say Matt that you are King, Brereton and Sheahan rolled into one. Not me though.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    No, wrong again...

People on Red and White (well me anyway) think you play the forum like a small forward....Putting yourself front and centre, again and again and again.

It's getting tedious.
    Come on Ernie that is a bit harsh. A variety of opinions is what gives the site character.

I agree with P46, Parker is a long way off elite. He doesn't get to contest after contest yet like Hanners does, and I wouldn't call Hanners elite yet. Elite, like Liz says comes with some of level longevity. AFL fans of clubs are too quick to call players champions and elite. Those categories are kept for a small % of players.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast