Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Kennedy

Josh Kennedy

Anyone think now Ablett wont play this year it opens the field and the man sitting second is Mr Constancy , cant see any one else thats close . Collingwood players dont count, but really got to be in it . Ablett may miss this year but was he second last year if so might get his third that way ?

Yeah Joey and Pendles are right in the mix. I fear that Fyfe will get the most votes and consequently leave the night with no medal.

We have a LOT of players that will take votes off him.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    We have a LOT of players that will take votes off him.
    Agree. His chances depend on him getting a lot of 1 and 2 votes behind other players who've had their turn at being Mr BOG. He'll get the odd BOG of his own, but Franklin, Jack, Hanners, Parker and maybe a few others will challenge him for votes in a lot of games. It's why we're one of the serious premiership fancies. And I reckon Kennedy would much rather another premiership medal than a Charlie in any case.

For atleast the last 2 years The Swans have had the most brownlow votes of any team.
    I've always said Jobe shouldn't of won the 2012 brownlow, Gary Ablett was still the best player of that year AND Josh Kennedy was a close second - with the most contested possession, most clearances and 30 odd goals for the year BUT the swans were the only team to have 4 players pull over 10 brownlow votes each.

It's a gift and a curse - Kennedy didn't get the recognition he deserved but we have numerous players that just destroy games such as Jack, Hanners, ROK (back then) and now Buddy, Parker, Mcglynn and Mcveigh.

Kennedy is clearly one of the best midfielders in the game - he's just been held back by an amazing midfield... How terrible

For this year anyway it should be called The Bradbury Medal.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm having a quiet wager on Parker and looooong odds.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just took a look at Mummy's numbers, I wonder if he might storm home and give it a bit of a shake. He's averaged 13.5 disposals, 49 hitouts and 7.5 tackles in their 4 wins, and I'd say he was probably BOG in 3 of the 4 and might have picked up another vote here or there. I wouldn't be too shocked if he's on 12 or 13 now with 7 games to go. Wowee!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can't see Mummy getting anywhere near it. 16 votes tops.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh I don't really think he's going to win it, or finish top 5 or anything- just curious how many votes he'll end up with. He's had a few pretty big games.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I was watching On The Couch with John Kennedy (father) being interviewed and found it fascinating at how Hawthorn let Josh go. My history with the game is only very short so did the "look up". Joined Hawks through f/s in 2007 and did not play any senior football, 3 games in 2008 and 10 games in 2009 and then offered a 1 yr deal!! I got the impression Clarkson was not impressed by Josh. Swans offered 3 years and that is how it happened. Since coming to Sydney he has not missed a game (? must be close to that). He has gone from after 3 years at Hawks close to being delisted to climbing up to say in top 10 out of 800 players in the competition. Makes you wonder why the improvement, late bloomer?, being out of Melbourne/Hawks?. What ever turned out ok for us.

our style works very very well for inside midfielders

Hawthorn love to keep the ball and chip around uncontested football.............that is not Kennedys go at all in my opinion so horses for courses and we are very fortunate !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast