Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crowd predictions fr Swans v Carlton

Crowd predictions fr Swans v Carlton

Weather looks ok. I'm going for 29,434. I think that would be a good result. Blues aren't doing that well which should keep some of their fans away.

I would hope to see in excess of 32,000.

Swans fans (not the diehards but part timers) need to jump on board and experience the great ride this team is providing for 2014. Hopefully it will end favourably at the end of September.

Carlton game won't be a major draw like a Port/Hawks/Geelong game, so would be surprised with anything over 31,000 and going by the deals they're dropping, I'm guessing not many tickets have been sold yet.

29K for me

Coming off the back of the coldest two days of the year, no Carlton fans will make the trip as their done for the year but the main factor is the fact that the starting.

Who wants to get home at 11.30pm?

We'd have 33K if this was in the afternoon.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    29K for me

Coming off the back of the coldest two days of the year, no Carlton fans will make the trip as their done for the year but the main factor is the fact that the starting.

I agree. The late starts for the benefit of TV are a killer for families.

Still think the game will nudge 30,000 for the attendance stat.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    29K for me

I wish I could be home for 11.30pm. Got back at 2am after the gaints game, and expecting a similar time after the Blues game. Can't get to many games after this till finals though, so will still make the trip up. Really wish we had more afternoon games though. The quality of the footy is generally better, and you don't get home at stupid times etiher!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Unfortunately I think that as a result of our success and the Buddy factor we will be getting more night games. It really is a shame.

I'd love to go but do you think I can convince anyone else at that time? 5.45 please, even 7pm on the dot would be an easier sell.

This kowtowing to Ch7 is really starting to grate.
    -

I also hate the 7.40pm games. They are too late. If they are at ANZ I have to get a taxi from town as the Light Rail no longer goes to Lilyfield. The bus finishes at about 11.30pm and last time by the time I got a train into town it was just on midnight. There were a few delays that night. But the thing that bugged me was the A1 & A2 buses were not running last time at ANZ.

I will be able to get public transport home from the SCG but it a a nightmare with all the people coming from the city and going to Leichhardt to the pubs & clubs there to avoid Kinks Cross. Yes there are nightclubs near Leichhardt & pubs that run all night too. The Uni crowd often go back to dorms at that time to party too. I love day games!!!! It is generally quite Sunny. not cold enough to freeze the ball-bearings off a brass monkey.

With this stunning weather an afternoon game would have been perfect! I think we'll get somewhere around 31,000 but agree that there would have been an extra 3-5000 if it were a day game.

Just wild about Harry
    I think it will be 32,795

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I also hate the 7.40pm games. They are too late. If they are at ANZ I have to get a taxi from town as the Light Rail no longer goes to Lilyfield. The bus finishes at about 11.30pm and last time by the time I got a train into town it was just on midnight. There were a few delays that night. But the thing that bugged me was the A1 & A2 buses were not running last time at ANZ.

I will be able to get public transport home from the SCG but it a a nightmare with all the people coming from the city and going to Leichhardt to the pubs & clubs there to avoid Kinks Cross. Yes there are nightclubs near Leichhardt & pubs that run all night too. The Uni crowd often go back to dorms at that time to party too. I love day games!!!! It is generally quite Sunny. not cold enough to freeze the ball-bearings off a brass monkey.
    If you want a strange late night trip and to be a bit chilly, try heading home to Katoomba on the train after a 7:40 start game. It's a bit crazy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    going by the deals they're dropping, I'm guessing not many tickets have been sold yet.
    Yep, seeing those running through the week leaves me thinking it'll stick around the 30k mark- which is a shame, even thought Carlton suck at the moment they do usually pull a decent crowd.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast