Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: We've had enough McGuire!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Very well said Joe, and more power to your arm.
    I've chipped in too.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

My goodness, I have had seven retweets, a world record for me!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    My goodness, I have had seven retweets, a world record for me!
    I was one of them Prim...more power to you Joe.

And that's not including the face books, add another 4 plus their mobs. On a roll of the righteous.

Ta royboy.

Just wild about Harry
    I know I am getting sucked in, but I cant help it. I just posted this as a comment:
    "Some great comments on here.
    First, in the build-up to the 2012 GF, the Swans were lauded as a team of recycled and ?no name? players who were put together through a ?moneyball? system. All of a sudden, they recruited Tippett and people were then asking how the premiers can afford it? It must have been the COLA, right? We also forget that the Swans jettisoned $1.4mil worth of players at the end of the year to do it. Nothing was said about the Hawks getting arguably the best fullback in the league at the time.
    Then came Buddy.
    Once again, the money that was offered to Buddy could have been matched by the Hawks, but they chose not to. The reason wasnt the price tag, but the length of the contract. There are quite a few players in the AFL being paid more than Buddy in 2014, but he is the only one with a contract that long. Oh, and did you realise that the Swans also moved another $1.2mil worth of players on at the end of 2013?
    In summary, the Swans jettisoned players to fit these guys into their team and even paid them less, but over a long period of time. Any team in the AFL could have done it ? even Footscray, St Kilda, Melbourne and Richmond. I know this isnt a popular view in the Melbourne media, as it has been used as a touch-point to get rid of the COLA and now to attempt to dismantle the academies. However, the facts are there for anybody to investigate for themselves."

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I know I am getting sucked in, but I cant help it. I just posted this as a comment:
    "Some great comments on here.
    First, in the build-up to the 2012 GF, the Swans were lauded as a team of recycled and ?no name? players who were put together through a ?moneyball? system. All of a sudden, they recruited Tippett and people were then asking how the premiers can afford it? It must have been the COLA, right? We also forget that the Swans jettisoned $1.4mil worth of players at the end of the year to do it. Nothing was said about the Hawks getting arguably the best fullback in the league at the time.
    Then came Buddy.
    Once again, the money that was offered to Buddy could have been matched by the Hawks, but they chose not to. The reason wasnt the price tag, but the length of the contract. There are quite a few players in the AFL being paid more than Buddy in 2014, but he is the only one with a contract that long. Oh, and did you realise that the Swans also moved another $1.2mil worth of players on at the end of 2013?
    In summary, the Swans jettisoned players to fit these guys into their team and even paid them less, but over a long period of time. Any team in the AFL could have done it ? even Footscray, St Kilda, Melbourne and Richmond. I know this isnt a popular view in the Melbourne media, as it has been used as a touch-point to get rid of the COLA and now to attempt to dismantle the academies. However, the facts are there for anybody to investigate for themselves."
    Brilliant response!

Suspended by the MRP
    Eddie just threw in "Buddy the Bondi Billionaire", mentioning him for no reason. David King set it up for him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Eddie just threw in "Buddy the Bondi Billionaire", mentioning him for no reason. David King set it up for him.
    As soon as I saw Eddie was on the panel for the half time break I turned it over to channel 7. I would rather watch the ads and BT.

Veterans List
    Brilliantly written, well done.

Of all clubs Eddie's Collywobbles have more advantages than ANY club in the AFL. The guy is a self centred egotistic turd! Not surprised he failed at Channel Nine management.

Dear Joe,
    Me (and the train carriage) cried with laugher as I read it out loud on the way to the game tonight.
    Poetry, sir.
    Poetry.

I seem to recall Mr Everywhere moving to Sydney a while back, after he moved back to Melbourne, the media whore had a rant on how expensive it was to live in Sydney. Wish I could find the article. I'd post it to the AFL page.

He's a tool of the highest order, and the sooner the AFL stop bowing to him, the better our game will be.

Fondlest regards,
    AnnieH
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    I wonder how Steady Eddie is feeling right at this moment? Bombers 46 points up.

Veterans List
    Just loving the Injectors sticking it up Collingwood and Eddie. Bet he's sitting there in the stand all red faced.

He got Buckley, he's reaping the "rewards".

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast