Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: We've had enough McGuire!

Goes up to 11
    Poor Eddie - I do feel so sorry for him. Fortunately he is lucky enough that the kind people at Fox Footy have given him a Sunday night TV show. Everyone is being so awful to him just because he has the best interests of all of the AFL at heart and the big nasty clubs of the north are threatening to ruin everything for the good footy watching public of Australia. Those nasty and priveliged clubs from the north have nearly broken him, just because he spoke up. Poor diddums.

2 charming takeouts from tonight's TV rant:

1. "It looks like I'll have to have a coffee with a few people up there to sort all this out." Gee thanks Eddie - make sure you bring a few extra dollars though - good coffee ain't cheap up here.

2. "Who's Andrew Pridham?" "Well he's only been around for 5 minutes..."
    Classy Eddie. Real classy. I'm sure the Swans will be queuing up to kiss and make with you after that little gem.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Apparently Pridham calls him the "Clive Palmer of the AFL" in tomorrow's papers. Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    The academy will get a lift out of the recruitment of Heeney, Mills and Davis. This will spur the younger academy players to loftier heights and will lead to more being drafted. In five years time ours and the Giants NSW proportion of players will be higher which mitigates the go home factor.
    If the Academy system really succeeds in producing many top AFL players then I would expect our concessions to be watered down.

All we have ever wanted is the best NSW player each draft as reward for development. It's not at all unreasonable.

There needs to be generous incentives early on but once it is established I can see us getting one "Club Pick" per draft. Very rarely will we get a Carey or Longmire type player (and they came from the GWS zone anyway).

It's such a theoretical argument anyway as most years we'll be lucky to produce a first round draft pick anyway. I think the real benefit will be in the quality of our rookie lists where we should also get a concession - how can clubs complain about us getting players they rejected?

Senior Player
    I've just set foxtel to record the replay of ed and derms show so I can see his rant for myself.

It's already on the twitter feed great comments. Extremely over Eddie. He needs to move on from the sport. Dare say Collingwood could do without him
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Poor Eddie - I do feel so sorry for him. Fortunately he is lucky enough that the kind people at Fox Footy have given him a Sunday night TV show. Everyone is being so awful to him just because he has the best interests of all of the AFL at heart and the big nasty clubs of the north are threatening to ruin everything for the good footy watching public of Australia. Those nasty and priveliged clubs from the north have nearly broken him, just because he spoke up. Poor diddums.

2 charming takeouts from tonight's TV rant:

1. "It looks like I'll have to have a coffee with a few people up there to sort all this out." Gee thanks Eddie - make sure you bring a few extra dollars though - good coffee ain't cheap up here.

2. "Who's Andrew Pridham?" "Well he's only been around for 5 minutes..."
    Classy Eddie. Real classy. I'm sure the Swans will be queuing up to kiss and make with you after that little gem.
    Aaaah the classic Channel 9 defence. Nothing to counter it with so play the man by questioning their right to comment by virtue of them not being a member of the inner sanctum. Nine even used it on Martin Tyler back when they had World Cup rights. They're a classy lot. (Yes I know he said this on Fox).
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

There's the DailyTelegraph article

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

More like the Tony Abbott.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    More like the Tony Abbott.

On the veteran's list
    All else aside, does anyone believe Eddie is a good commentator? Tim Watson once said something like this on SEN "It's not that Eddie is president of Collingwood which makes me wish he'd step back from calling games, it more that he's not much good at it."
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    All else aside, does anyone believe Eddie is a good commentator? Tim Watson once said something like this on SEN "It's not that Eddie is president of Collingwood which makes me wish he'd step back from calling games, it more that he's not much good at it."
    Always liked that Tim Watson

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast