Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: We've had enough McGuire!

I was listening to a podcast of an interview with Eddie (from yesterday) on 5AA. They were all so chummy and everyone just sucking up to Eddie, saying what a wonderful caring person he is, and Eddie reinforcing this view with his own disingenuous chatter. So I started thinking there must be a connection where Eddie's got some power over these guys. It turns out that 5AA is part of the Nova Entertainment Group, whose CEO is Lachlin Murdoch, and you can carry the connections back to Fox network and Eddie's media interests.

That scorpion pops up under every rock you turn over. He can go all day jumping from one radio or tv station to the next with his army of ass kissers singing his praises 'till the sun goes down. Wouldn't be surprised if he's beatified before his time's done.

Eddie also praised Gil McLaughlin for the great job he's doing. Surprise, surprise! Eddie is an awful tough adversary.

I don't think I've ever disliked someone as much as that twat McGuire- it's all his way or no way - one day someone who's had enough will stand up too him, call his bluff and give him what for and them some - I look forward to that day.

The AFL won't be the AFL until they source a CEO from overseas.

The boys club only works for the boys club.

I'd like to see Eddie try to chum up to some hard nosed ex-NFL administrator.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Thats the truest thing anyone's thought here,applications in the post ( AFL ) board !

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post

Eddie would have no hope with an NFL administrator who is used to dealing with powerful owners like Jerry Jones (Dallas) and the Debarto family (49ers).

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post

Yep, totally agree.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I was listening to a podcast of an interview with Eddie (from yesterday) on 5AA. They were all so chummy and everyone just sucking up to Eddie, saying what a wonderful caring person he is, and Eddie reinforcing this view with his own disingenuous chatter. So I started thinking there must be a connection where Eddie's got some power over these guys. It turns out that 5AA is part of the Nova Entertainment Group, whose CEO is Lachlin Murdoch, and you can carry the connections back to Fox network and Eddie's media interests.

That scorpion pops up under every rock you turn over. He can go all day jumping from one radio or tv station to the next with his army of ass kissers singing his praises 'till the sun goes down. Wouldn't be surprised if he's beatified before his time's done.

Eddie also praised Gil McLaughlin for the great job he's doing. Surprise, surprise! Eddie is an awful tough adversary.

It just goes to show on a micro-level that if you control the media, you control the people, and you control outcomes to suit your agenda.

Now look at who owns the media globally on a macro level and understand that the exact same principle applies. It's worth knowing what the agenda is then..... Ironically, sport is a major distraction strategy.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    It just goes to show on a micro-level that if you control the media, you control the people, and you control outcomes to suit your agenda.

Now look at who owns the media globally on a macro level and understand that the exact same principle applies. It's worth knowing what the agenda is then..... Ironically, sport is a major distraction strategy.
    I disagree. The people control the media. If the media did not publish entertaining stories and gossip the media company would not survive.

News has been a phenomena world wide because they feed people want they want. They meet the consumer and give them the sauce.

50 Shades of Gray, brought sexual fantasy to life for women. It does not mean that all the women who read the book are converting their garages into bondage theatres or dumping their husbands for young billionaires. It simply filled a gap in the market that was unfulfilled.

People control the media not media executives.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Are you saying that average people WANT the tripe served up as news by the Murdoch press???? If this is true then Heaven help the future of the human race!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I disagree. The people control the media. If the media did not publish entertaining stories and gossip the media company would not survive.

News has been a phenomena world wide because they feed people want they want. They meet the consumer and give them the sauce.

50 Shades of Gray, brought sexual fantasy to life for women. It does not mean that all the women who read the book are converting their garages into bondage theatres or dumping their husbands for young billionaires. It simply filled a gap in the market that was unfulfilled.

What a load of tripe Matt80.... you would believe anything someone from the corporate world told you!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    What a load of tripe Matt80.... you would believe anything someone from the corporate world told you!

I go to dinner parties all the time where people have a go at News. I always maintain that News gives the people want they want. The want gossip, they want to know about tax rorts they want simple solutions to complex problems and they want great sports coverage. News delivers those things to the people. You can't condition people to believe your opinion. My adventures on Red and White are a case in point. People don't often agree with my opinion. It's the same with Newspapers who don't publish the content that people want to read.

Not every citizen is conditioned to read and study Karl Marx. Most want gossip, simple solutions and great sport. This is a fact of life.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Are you saying that average people WANT the tripe served up as news by the Murdoch press???? If this is true then Heaven help the future of the human race!
    Yes they do. If they did not want that content, they would not read it.

The Nova Peris story was the most read story on News.com because it has a combination of gossip and an investigation into taxpayer funds. People love reading that stuff.