Page 1 of 90 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: We've had enough McGuire!

Warming the Bench

We've had enough McGuire!

Just posted this.

http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/dear-eddie/

May need some back up from some RWO'ers!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Eddie is a bed wetter

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And he's still breast feeding

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And is a chair sniffer

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And gives his dog fleas

You cant say that can you ?????

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

That's a well written piece, mirors my feelings
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Salute sir, and tweeted to all and sundry. Think I just may go back and tweet it directly to the AFL site.

Yep. Done.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Just wild about Harry
    Well written, and I just added my little bit in support

Brilliantly written joemoore12.

I will say this though. When Eddie, Peter Gordon and the other muppets get their way with the end of COLA and a watered down Swans Academy, I will back us in to remain successful. The extra 10% plus a couple of decent players coming out of the Academy has not made this club successful and respected throughout the AFL by other clubs.

To be successful in the AFL the following needs to be complementing each other at the head of the pack (in no order):

- culture
    - recruiting
    - playing list
    - administration
    - coaches
    - facilities
    - finances

If one or more of the above pillars falls away or breaks down completely, the remaining pillars tumble and the Swans head south on the ladder.

I firmly believe the Swans have these structures in place, regularly review & analyze them and know what they're doing and where they're heading more than we would ever know!

Hence why I'm backing us in - COLA or no COLA.

BRING. IT. ON.

there is and always will be a want/need to return home which still favours the victorian teams on via pure numbers - especially when a players wife is from interstate and wants to be close to family when having the first child etc

The counter though is when guys meet a girl up in Sydney and her family is from sydney it makes it easier to stay in sydney

Or the 1 in a million ie buddy wanting to come to sydney to be with his partner and out of the bubble of Melb AFL

But it will be interesting to see how it goes in say 5 years from now when the LOFA has less of an advantage ie LOFA watered down in a few years then we have the next recruits come through from a draft or two who will be suddenly at age of do they want to stay or go home
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    there is and always will be a want/need to return home which still favours the victorian teams on via pure numbers - especially when a players wife is from interstate and wants to be close to family when having the first child etc

The counter though is when guys meet a girl up in Sydney and her family is from sydney it makes it easier to stay in sydney

Or the 1 in a million ie buddy wanting to come to sydney to be with his partner and out of the bubble of Melb AFL

But it will be interesting to see how it goes in say 5 years from now when the LOFA has less of an advantage ie LOFA watered down in a few years then we have the next recruits come through from a draft or two who will be suddenly at age of do they want to stay or go home
    The academy will get a lift out of the recruitment of Heeney, Mills and Davis. This will spur the younger academy players to loftier heights and will lead to more being drafted. In five years time ours and the Giants NSW proportion of players will be higher which mitigates the go home factor.

Page 1 of 90 123451151 ... LastLast