Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans attack........... Buddy then Parker

I think I said something like that a while ago and not many people agreed.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I think I said something like that a while ago and not many people agreed.
    Sounds like just about every thread on RWO. Even the TLM shows that everyone sees the game very differently but still similarly as well.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    If we can get 90 plus tackles we should win the Hawks game.
    If awesome 4-some Buddy, Kurt, Goodsey, Sammy (with the mids chipping in a few) can kick 25+ goals, we should win every game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Maybe playing a fair number of games on the shorter SCG means more goal scoring opportunities for our midfielders and backmen, hence a better spread of goalkickers?
    Shorter SCG, more congested, more tackles = we should then have won coz we tackled more = if we won, more goals scored = greater opportunity to have scored by anyone playing that day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Horse, tackle, hmmmmm
    Sound like a bit of a neeeeigh sayer ...

Veteran Site Admin
    It helps that Gunston, Bruest and Roughie have played every game, or close to every game. Their injuries have largely been in the midfield and defence, leaving their main forwards in tact. In contrast, our injuries have substantially been in our forward line, so we've had more players rotate through there. If Tippett had managed to play close to every game, he'd likely be on 40ish goals by now. Add to that the fact we have a slightly wider spread of genuine goal kicking mids, they are a slightly more attacking team than us (but not as focussed defensively) and we have played quite a lot of games in the wet, and the disparity makes sense.

Same i went back 1990 and got the same answer !

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It helps that Gunston, Bruest and Roughie have played every game, or close to every game. Their injuries have largely been in the midfield and defence, leaving their main forwards in tact. In contrast, our injuries have substantially been in our forward line, so we've had more players rotate through there. If Tippett had managed to play close to every game, he'd likely be on 40ish goals by now. Add to that the fact we have a slightly wider spread of genuine goal kicking mids, they are a slightly more attacking team than us (but not as focussed defensively) and we have played quite a lot of games in the wet, and the disparity makes sense.
    Exactly - the large gap between Buddy and Parker makes it look like we are one-dimensional, which we have been at times, but for most of our winning streak the forward structure has worked relatively well, we've just had to rotate more players through there due to injuries.

In 2012 we had 9 players who kicked 20 goals or more for the season (Jetta topped the goalkicking with 45!). I don't think we'll get that number this year but looking at this year's goalkicking, hopefully we'll have 5-6 players kick 20 or more by the end of the home and away season:

RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com - Top Scorers

Watched young Parker as a neutral exercise a thought to myself when the game was over ,i think im looking at the next captain. Reminds me of Kelly so selfless hard at it and determined . Hope he makes it?

im my humble opinion Parker has just stepped into the elite category - there are many that dont agree

I have a view that you are not elite once you have played for 3 years as an elite player

you are equally elite a the beginning of the 3 years as an elite player as you are at the end of of the 3 years playing as an elite player......so i feel comfortable in stating that his journey of truly being an elite force is 2014 season..........but we will only know most likely in around 3 years from now if he could continue his current form over an extensive period

Kennedy 2012 onwards - ELITE

Pendles 2009 onwards - Elite

Hannes and Jack 2012 onwards Elite even though more would argue 2013 onwards

GA Jnr elite since he was 5 years of age
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

We have spread our goal kicking due to injury. We always have spread the goal kicking anyway but with injuries it gets spread a bit more. This is the spread;

Joey 10
    Macca 12
    Kizza 14
    Jetts 10
    Benny 11
    Harry 11
    Sammy 14
    Goodsie 15

That is really spreading the load. Add to that the fact that Mal, Rampe, even Reg & Teddy, Laids, Smooch, Shaw & Zac Jones have all kicked goals. In the cases of Mal, Laids & Dane more than one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12