Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 v Hawthorn

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Rohan has elite speed. Would he have the endurance to go with Smith over four quarters? Smith is an absolutely elite endurance runner.

Another option could be to play Zac Jones on Smith. Longmire noted Jones speed, endurance and defensive capabilities. Zac would relish the tagging responsibilities. When he is spent (assuming no injuries) we bring Lloyd onto Smith from the Subs bench.

We could use Rohan's 3rd man up abilities against Roughead, Gunston and Macvoy.

Ins - Tippett and Jones
    Outs - Towers and Brandon Jack

Sub - Lloyd
    I like yr ins and outs this week

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Ins - Tippett and Jones
    Outs - Towers and Brandon Jack

Sub - Lloyd
    Sounds as if Jones won't be fit. Following quote is from AFL website in article about Hannebery but note reference also to Jones.

"While Tippett and Shaw trained with the main group on Thursday before the media were turned away, Hannebery only took part in some basic handball drills with fellow injured players Tom Mitchell, Zak Jones and Tom Derickx."

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Sounds as if Jones won't be fit. Following quote is from AFL website in article about Hannebery but note reference also to Jones.

"While Tippett and Shaw trained with the main group on Thursday before the media were turned away, Hannebery only took part in some basic handball drills with fellow injured players Tom Mitchell, Zak Jones and Tom Derickx."
    Can we please show the Melbourne media the news above that Tom Mitchell is injured and not stuck in the reserves as is being reported?

Just read that Gerrard Healy doesn't think Tippett will play this week after speaking to a few people in Sydney during the week! Hopefully he's wrong as it would be disappointing and more so concerning if he still can't get up after another few weeks off!

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Just read that Gerrard Healy doesn't think Tippett will play this week after speaking to a few people in Sydney during the week! Hopefully he's wrong as it would be disappointing and more so concerning if he still can't get up after another few weeks off!
    If Tippett doesn't come up, I think we should bring in another forward to help buddy out. Buddy plays his best footy in a half forward wing position. Gibson and a loose defender will be all over buddy if he is camped inside the 50. Dare I say that Membrey should be considered if Tippett doesn't come up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    If Tippett doesn't come up, I think we should bring in another forward to help buddy out. Buddy plays his best footy in a half forward wing position. Gibson and a loose defender will be all over buddy if he is camped inside the 50. Dare I say that Membrey should be considered if Tippett doesn't come up
    Totally agree with that but we all know too well that our conservative selection committee would not dare make such a bold move! Lol. I just hope Healy is wrong as I don't think we can beat them without our full strength forward line!

Senior Player
    Tippet is in. B jack is out. One change only

Towers stays in, interesting. I'd imagine he'd be the sub.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Towers stays in, interesting. I'd imagine he'd be the sub.
    I think he will be sub too. Maybe they want to give him another chance. Maybe thy were happy with his off the ball pressure. We will see

Interesting that Towers keeps his place. Maybe looking to see what he can do under pressure in a big game. Surely is the next out once Hanners or Shaw returns however.

Hope Tippett can get more than 1 game together this time - if we are to win the flag, we need Tippett to stay fit come the key part of the season. Saturday night is so important, because a win would go a hell of a long way towards ensuring we finish top 2.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Was gonna say anything is better than BJack but when the answer is Towers I don't really know...

Towers added nothing first up, surprised he stayed in but as I said earlier about the selection committee, they rarely surprise and we almost always see our debutants get at least 2 games to show their stuff! Would imagine we want pace against the Hawks at the bigger MCG but I would expect like others here to see Towers probably play as the sub. Hopefully he can make an impact when on! Good to see Tippo back! Now let's just hope there isn't another late change!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast