Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 v Hawthorn

I watched the Blues game again and Towers did a few nice things, clever, with handball. But he stuffed up the simplw things like the lead up mark. On several occasions he had done all the hard work to get a metre or half metre on his man only to drop the mark. His kicking is normally pretty good o it was a bit of a shock when he kicked out on full. He seemed very nervous. Agood Sports Psychologist would fix that. He certainly has the build, pace & skills but needs to put it together. His defensive game was very good. That is probably why he got another go & the two freaky handball.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I watched the Blues game again and Towers did a few nice things, clever, with handball. But he stuffed up the simplw things like the lead up mark. On several occasions he had done all the hard work to get a metre or half metre on his man only to drop the mark. His kicking is normally pretty good o it was a bit of a shock when he kicked out on full. He seemed very nervous. Agood Sports Psychologist would fix that. He certainly has the build, pace & skills but needs to put it together. His defensive game was very good. That is probably why he got another go & the two freaky handball.
    I had a similar feeling about Towers. He was okay, and his stuff ups looked more due to nervousness, or lack of composure as they like to say.
    I think he's kept his place to build his confidence. He will probably be the sub anyway and it's a tossup as to who adds more in that role between him and BJ.

I'm pretty sure Longmire would say something along the lines of 'keep working that hard and it'll happen'.

Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    I'm pretty sure Longmire would say something along the lines of 'keep working that hard and it'll happen'.
    teddy was having trouble a few years ago. He decided to change the way he thought about his role. Looked at all the best FB's and copied how they played. He also got some help on the psychological side of his game. Sports Psychologists don't just work with players who are having issues they work with attitudinal change. This could help the kid. I am sure Longmire and Henry would have chatted with him on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Hawthorn are 1.85 favourites at TAB, Swans 1.95.

Underdogs.
    That's about right in my book - although good value for us, as I really think that we will stretch them down back with Spangher out, and Gibson will be doing well to be anywhere near match fit after what about 13 rounds out?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

teddy was having trouble a few years ago. He decided to change the way he thought about his role. Looked at all the best FB's and copied how they played. He also got some help on the psychological side of his game. Sports Psychologists don't just work with players who are having issues they work with attitudinal change. This could help the kid. I am sure Longmire and Henry would have chatted with him on Monday.
    The guy's only played one game. His coach's confidence will do.

ABC Radio news at 1:00pm just said Hanners is playing tonite. Is this correct??

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    ABC Radio news at 1:00pm just said Hanners is playing tonite. Is this correct??
    very much doubt it as if it was tactical, the club would get a whopping great fine

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    very much doubt it as if it was tactical, the club would get a whopping great fine
    We can afford it.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by kangle4 View Post
    We can afford it.
    perhaps a masterstroke you think? Wouldn't that get under the hawks skin...well played john longmire, well played

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678