Changes for Rnd 18 v Hawthorn

Ins. Tippett, Hanners and Shaw.

Outs. Towers, BJ and ?????

Jones is also available!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Ins. Tippett, Hanners and Shaw.

Outs. Towers, BJ and ?????
    Notwithstanding the fact he's barely put a foot wrong, Lloyd might have to make way for Hanners in the midfield. Otherwise Rohan might be the one. Can't see any other player who is at risk of losing his spot. Cunningham seems to be cemented in the team, playing a number of different roles.

My guess is that, at best, we'll see Tippett and Hanners return next match, with Shaw probably a week later.

Veterans List
    I missed the start of the Hanners interview on the channel 7 pre match. Did he say whether he thought he would be back next match?

I'm not looking forward to going to the game next week and being around the hawks supporters. It was bad enough last year so I can only imagine what it will be like this time with the whole Buddy thing.

Speaking of Buddy I hope he doesn't get the nervous yips like last time and kick 9 behinds!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I missed the start of the Hanners interview on the channel 7 pre match. Did he say whether he thought he would be back next match?

I'm not looking forward to going to the game next week and being around the hawks supporters. It was bad enough last year so I can only imagine what it will be like this time with the whole Buddy thing.

Speaking of Buddy I hope he doesn't get the nervous yips like last time and kick 9 behinds!
    He seemed about 80% on whether he'd be back for the Hawks. 100% on the week after.

Happy and I know it
    I can't believe this thread has been started already. Our next game's not for 2 weeks!

Or maybe I can. This is RWO, after all.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    I can't believe this thread has been started already. Our next game's not for 2 weeks!

Or maybe I can. This is RWO, after all.
    I'm actually surprised it has taken this long to START the thread. It usually gets started pretty quickly.

For me ( as I've said elsewhere) they won't bring in three returning players all in one week. And Hanners and shaw will only be considered if absolutely 100%. They are too vital for September

INS Tippett Hanners ( if 100 percent)
    OUT Towers Brandon jack

Lloyd will be sub.

Rohan will play halfback until shaw returns a week later

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaw given a run in reserves, seeing how it always takes him a couple of games to get back up to speed.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaw given a run in reserves, seeing how it always takes him a couple of games to get back up to speed.
    Yea that'd be okay by me.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    I`m just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy excited about this Hawks match. 2 weeks is too long to wait though. Aaaaggghhhhhh!!
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    I`m just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy excited about this Hawks match. 2 weeks is too long to wait though. Aaaaggghhhhhh!!
    Don't forget we have already beaten them this year! 107-88. Better watch that game again to prepare.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Notwithstanding the fact he's barely put a foot wrong, Lloyd might have to make way for Hanners in the midfield. Otherwise Rohan might be the one. Can't see any other player who is at risk of losing his spot. Cunningham seems to be cemented in the team, playing a number of different roles.

My guess is that, at best, we'll see Tippett and Hanners return next match, with Shaw probably a week later.
    That would be my bet too, think BJ or Lloyd are earmarked for the sub role, especially BJ with his blinding speed.

Jones is one for next year but won't ley anyone down if required, potentially a good replacement for Malceski if he takes a final payday elsewhere as I suspect he will, especially if we win a flag.

The nightmare scenario for us (apart from Buddy being injured of course) is either Teddy or Reg missing the season with an injury. LRT is not up to it anymore and I'm not aware of anyone ready to step up, though I guess Reid would probably be thrown down back.

A couple of key position backmen prospects should be the priority after we draft Heeney this year.

I still reckon Jetta is a chance of wanting to go home and whilst I love his work, if we could bundle him up with some trade bait (Towers et al) for a third key backman then I'd accept that trade.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast