Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Masters of List Management

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    What annoys me is that the only thing that is talked about is getting Tippett and Buddy when we won our premierships without them! Plus after explaining 500 million times that the cola is spread over ALL players, everyone still says that we use it to pay for Buddy and Tippett.

And the whining about the academy when we haven't even drafted anyone yet. They don't seem to realise that without the academy some of these players would not be playing AFL.
    I wonder if you read the same article I did on the roar today Mel? I read an article today with all the Melbourne based flogs ranting on it there, including the really annoying Gene guy on the Roar, who is one of those exceptionally painful Geelong fans. Can't wait to absolutely belt them into the dust in September.

We have done so well with few top picks used/actually making it to the top level.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I still keep chuckling about that. He plays in our firsts while Malthouse lauds our reserves as being the best depth he has ever seen. Obviously not good enough to be a Carlton flog, though.
    Malthouse lost the plot a long time ago. Laidler is doing just fine for us - if he's a lucky boy, he might be a Premiership player by the end of the year also. Something that wouldn't have happened any time soon at that flogsville called Carlton!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I wonder if you read the same article I did on the roar today Mel? I read an article today with all the Melbourne based flogs ranting on it there, including the really annoying Gene guy on the Roar, who is one of those exceptionally painful Geelong fans. Can't wait to absolutely belt them into the dust in September.

We have done so well with few top picks used/actually making it to the top level.
    You are right in your description of that Gene guy on the Roar. He damned the Swans early in the season (when we started poorly) gleefully predicting a dismal year for us. He never misses an opportunity to make a nasty comment about the Swans. But funnily enough he went missing for a week after we humiliated Geelong and since he has re-emerged as a frequent bitter contributor on the Roar he has never once referred to that match. A really unpleasant person I suspect.

I think Craig Bird was pick 50 something in the national draft and anyone could have had him (even though he was a NSW kid). Also I think we could only pre-list the Jacks for the ROOKIE draft after they had been passed over in the main draft. The following year I was expecting us to do the same thing with Bruest...but we didn't think he was worth the money of putting him on the NSW rookie list(!!!)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    You are right in your description of that Gene guy on the Roar. He damned the Swans early in the season (when we started poorly) gleefully predicting a dismal year for us. He never misses an opportunity to make a nasty comment about the Swans. But funnily enough he went missing for a week after we humiliated Geelong and since he has re-emerged as a frequent bitter contributor on the Roar he has never once referred to that match. A really unpleasant person I suspect.
    He is like a guy at my work (could be the same dill haha!) who breathes Geelong, but is so one eyed, and so pathetic that its not funny. I'd love to play the Cats in the finals and humiliate them again, just to shut people like him up. Some of his comments on that article today are just ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    I think Craig Bird was pick 50 something in the national draft and anyone could have had him (even though he was a NSW kid). Also I think we could only pre-list the Jacks for the ROOKIE draft after they had been passed over in the main draft. The following year I was expecting us to do the same thing with Bruest...but we didn't think he was worth the money of putting him on the NSW rookie list(!!!)
    We really stuffed up big time that year on the rookies. Who the hell are Kyle Coney & Taylor Gilchrest? Our first pick was used on Kristen Thornton ooh I think I want to be ill. We did manage one good Rookie pick, Mike Pyke. In the main draft we had Lewis Jonston, Dan Hannaberry & Campbell Heath. We didn't even pick up any big trades. Other than Dan a real wash out and we should have gone for Breust!

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    The Bruest story is an interesting one - but what Eddie McGuire forgets in relation to that is that all clubs have the 'what if' selections that they don't make, and the 'why did you pick him' selections. Happens at every clubs - indeed we have several players on our list where Im sure their original clubs would be saying 'why did we let him go'.

I hope Pridham keeps up the war on Eddie's increasingly bizarre rants - we are definitely beginning to win the war, and Loony McGuire is looking more ridiculous by the day. Added to that, these ongoing attacks on our wonderful club must be helping to build a nice little siege mentality amongst the playing group - just what you want when you've already won your last dozen on end.

Gee a premiership this year would be sweet, just in the hope that Eddie might finally combust or explode!

Blog Entries
    Out of all the Traded in players only Shaw was an established player.
    Even Teddy was only getting 1/2 season a year before we picked him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robtorq View Post
    Maybe that is why Eddie wanted Horse to work with him on the international series. So he could learn how to run A club
    HAHAHAHAHA! Gold!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Gee a premiership this year would be sweet, just in the hope that Eddie might finally combust or explode!
    Spontaneous combustion - Eddie deserves it!

Enough of your so-called 'facts' and 'evidence'. The Sydney Swans have never developed a single player, and have bought every player that has ever played for them, since Gerard Healy came north in the 1980s. I know this because Eddie told me.

Senior Player
    Sydney chairman Andrew Pridham put it best when responding to McGuire?s concerns a couple of weeks back: ?If the AFL competition becomes flooded with talent from New South Wales and Queensland, it will be the best problem we have ever had.?

Read more: Why the Swans Academy is nothing to be scared of

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast