Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes: Who Do You Think You Are?

Wink Adam Goodes: Who Do You Think You Are?

A relative of mine who works in the South Australian Museum saw Adam Goodes last November in the section of the museum where people can do research on their indigenous history. My relative sent me the link below for the resultant upcoming SBS program as part of the series 'Who do you think you are?'

7.30pm 12 August. One for the diary.

Adam Goodes.pdf

Thanks Meg

will watch that one !!

equally good news today was the double !!

"Ballantyne's hit on Bugg was assessed as a level two striking offence (125 demerit points), having been ruled to be intentional, low impact and involving body contact."

Bugg done and then Ballantyne done
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Warming the Bench
    Thanks Meg. A must watch for all Swannies fans. I'll be tuning in for sure!

A great series, Goodsy will be a ripper, not to be missed.

MickyO's was brilliant.
    His great grandparents are on the 50 dollar note.
    Looking forward to it.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

That show was amazing. Am I the only one who had tears in my eyes watching Adam's emotions? I understand that what we saw was only a small part of the whole story Adam learnt. I hope Adam has a way of telling us the rest of it.

I always thought he was Royalty !

Strong mention of how the Swans are a very large part of his culture.
    Leaders are the lifeblood.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    That show was amazing. Am I the only one who had tears in my eyes watching Adam's emotions? I understand that what we saw was only a small part of the whole story Adam learnt. I hope Adam has a way of telling us the rest of it.
    Plus one
    To hear the amazing story of his ancestry being involved with WW Hughes is a real surprise. As someone who spent a few years in Wallaroo I know that name is very much entrenched in the colonial history of the area. And then to have King Tommy as part of the picture as well was a twist. It is no wonder Adam carries himself so well and has such a presence.

Goes up to 11
    Great show - a fascinating family history showing the intertwining between his indigenous and Anglo ancestry. No wonder he holds himself with such poise, seeing the stock he comes from.

Just a tad disappointed that no mention of his father's background was shown - I understand that it's a relatively short show and his Mum's side of the family is fascinating, but he certainly looks like his dad. But geez him Mum has done such a great job with him

These sorts of visits into someone's indigenous background and history should be compulsory viewing for all of us.

For a while I was worried Adam's mum was going to have to have the tattoo on her arm removed. And "Adnyamathanha" is a long word! But eventually the "Narungga" and the "Adnyamathanha" sides of Adam's history came together. And what a story it made.

Great episode. Really exposed the terrible treatment Adam's ancestors suffered at the hands of white people. To think he still has to cop racism to this day on top of that history of exploitation and abuse really is atrocious. I was genuinely amazed how many records survived intact over the centuries.

Adam. You came across as an impressively articulate, compassionate, sensitive and inquisitive. Coupled with the drive, commitment, and devotion that you have displayed throughout your career, you are a role-model for so many people from all walks of life. Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast