Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Malceski eyes move to Melbourne Demons

I'd rather keep Mal for a year or two than Frawley for 800k a year for 7 years.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    He's already collected Stone, Mathews, McPherson, Allison, Misson and Terlich!

Pridham should start lobbying the AFL to limit the number of ex-players/staff employed at one club to 7.
    Mathews and McPherson.....what wonderful recruiting coups. Since that happened I have had a rather empty feeling.

I wouldn't begrudge Mal if he went.... as long as he helps get himself a second premiership at the Swans in 2014

He's been a great club servant, but if Melbourne offer huge money to him, no one can begrudge him a big pay day to finish his career.

I'm also surprised that we wouldn't be talking to him before sorting out Shaw.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Would hate to lose him, but given he is 31, not the end of the world.

Much prefer Mal going then a young gun with 10 years left.
    Agree totally, if it is an offer too good to refuse then I would say he should take it.

He'd be a good pick up for the Dees too

Plus he'd free up some salary cap as well to tie up Zak Jones et all early on...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    People assume that the retirements of ROK and LRT will free up salary cap space. I disagree. They are both not contracted next year and I don?t think the club was planning for ROK to be playing AFL Football at 34 and an injury ravished LRT to be playing at 31 or 32.

Malceski going could be the best thing for the Swans.

Rohan and Jones are ready to make an impact at AFL level of the half back line. McVeigh could spend some time down back as well as Mitchell, Lloyd, Heeney and Hewitt make progress towards playing more time in the midfield.
    Who knows what the club has done Matt80, you may be right. But they may also have budgeted for one of them too.

I do agree we have plenty of options however if we lose Mal.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I wouldn't begrudge Mal if he went.... as long as he helps get himself a second premiership at the Swans in 2014

He's been a great club servant, but if Melbourne offer huge money to him, no one can begrudge him a big pay day to finish his career.

I'm also surprised that we wouldn't be talking to him before sorting out Shaw.
    If Mal goes then the half back line will need another excellent ball distributer. They could move Mcveigh back as a permanent half back to use his great foot skills.

This could open up an opportunity for Mitchell to play more through the midfield if he can get his body right.

Veterans List
    I'll back the club whatever they do. They get it right most times. Any decisions about drafting, trades etc; i'll back our mob every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    If Mal goes then the half back line will need another excellent ball distributer. They could move Mcveigh back as a permanent half back to use his great foot skills.

This could open up an opportunity for Mitchell to play more through the midfield if he can get his body right.
    Have I just logged on to some parallel universe RWO? Or am I in the Twilight Zone?! Who is this doppelg?nger Matt80 who now has plans to keep Mitchell?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'll back the club whatever they do. They get it right most times. Any decisions about drafting, trades etc; i'll back our mob every time.
    +1.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I'd rather keep Mal for a year or two than Frawley for 800k a year for 7 years.
    Frawley's value must surely have taken a huge dive today. He had the chance to win the game against Port but put a set shot way out on the full. His disposal around the ground was shocking also. Really lacks second efforts. Lazy footballer who is grossly overrated.

The Frawley rumour is just completely nuts, apart from the fact we certainly couldn't afford him.

Plus I don't rate hime, $700K a year for someone who can't kick? No thanks

Personally I will not be sad to see him go, there are some great kids coming through that deserve their chance. I know he has a reputation as a great distributor and there's no denying that this year has been his best but I worry when he is one out and surely that is the biggest test of a defender.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast