Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Malceski eyes move to Melbourne Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Of course we will miss someone who has been so critical to our success. Fortunately we have a number of players that can step in and fill the slot. Biggs does the same job in the reserves that Mal does in the seniors and has been playing good consistent football. You would have to give him a fair chance of stepping up into the role if need be. Macca has shown that he can also play that role at a very high level, and we have plenty of midfielders to step in for Macca.

Ludwig i too believe no player is irreplaceable but i do luv the way Mal moves thru from the HBF to the midfield like a dolphin in the sea and rarely stuffs the kick to a forward which is not an easy task in traffic and pin point between the backs to hit a target...........not an easy role and hardly any players do it like Mal

- - - Updated - - -

PS do you think the surfer in the photo above is going...........@@@@@@@ thank god that is Mal the Dolphin and not Eddie the Shark

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Yesterday on Ch9, I think after the footy show they had a panel that talks about the TAC Cup etc. They produced a list of 5 unrestricted free agents. Malceski was at the bottom of the list but they discussed a few others and Mal didn't even get a mention. If it was hot news and not speculation you would think he would be the first discussed.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Cant see it happening. But like others wouldnt hold a grudge. Unless his wife demands he be traded to Collingwood.

Is he married?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yesterday on Ch9, I think after the footy show they had a panel that talks about the TAC Cup etc. They produced a list of 5 unrestricted free agents. Malceski was at the bottom of the list but they discussed a few others and Mal didn't even get a mention. If it was hot news and not speculation you would think he would be the first discussed.
    They probably don't know who he is...

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yeah, is any of this based on anything concrete or is it just media speculation from a journo needing to fill newspaper space or air time?

Would hate to lose Mal! I don't like losing guys who kick the last goals in Premiership wins. Still getting over losing Amon to Brisbane!

Roosy just said he doesn't want him on AFL 360. But then he did say he wouldn't coach! :/

The story hasn't moved since the Oz reported it last week. Sounds like a furphy.

He married a Perth girl.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    Roosy just said he doesn't want him on AFL 360. But then he did say he wouldn't coach! :/
    Roosy said that he hadn't spoken to Mal. He went on to say that the Demons definitely need a player like him.

I didn't hear Roosy say anything about not wanting him specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Roosy said that he hadn't spoken to Mal. He went on to say that the Demons definitely need a player like him.

I didn't hear Roosy say anything about not wanting him specifically.
    My reading of 'Roos the double speaker', is that he definitely wants Mal.

Typical Roos to say "I haven't spoken to him". That's because initial discussions would be between Mals manager and Melbournes footy manager.

I get the feeling, from that exchange with Roos, that he may well be off to the Demons next year. I'm surprised, I thought they would be after younger players at this stage.

He's 30, given us great service, including a memorable GF, good luck to him if he does go.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'm sure that there are still players among the Swans that miss Paul Roos, because he was a players coach. Mel would definitely be very loyal to him and most probably not the only one. I'm prepared to bear a wrath from RWO'ers by saying that he would definitely put his loyalty to Roos above the Swans and Tom Mitchell might feel the same way. We'll have to wait until end of the season, but my gut feeling is that some players will want to follow Roos to Melbourne.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I'm sure that there are still players among the Swans that miss Paul Roos, because he was a players coach. Mel would definitely be very loyal to him and most probably not the only one. I'm prepared to bear a wrath from RWO'ers by saying that he would definitely put his loyalty to Roos above the Swans and Tom Mitchell might feel the same way. We'll have to wait until end of the season, but my gut feeling is that some players will want to follow Roos to Melbourne.
    From my conversations with players over the years I think their real allegiance is to their fellow players. They may like the coach but they love each other (largely - Ryan didn't seem impressed by Mitch). So it'd be like leaving your family to follow a popular schoolteacher. Add money and it could work. But I think you are massively downplaying the loyalty that the Swans have shown to Mal through all his reconstructions.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast