Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Malceski eyes move to Melbourne Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie_X View Post
    We get Buddy to clean him up in the Granny with an elbow.
    very good

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Hypothetical ... let's say Cosmic Wizard earns X dollars a year doing whatever his job is. Then CW is told he will only be able to work for 2-3 more years, after which his wage will likely drop. Another employer says "Wiz, we know you can only work another couple of years, we want to have you work for us & give you an extra 30% to do the same job."

Wiz, would you quit for that? Might be worth, say, $100K for Mal & he can also factor in that he has already achieved the ultimate goal. If it was, say, $100K, that'd school a couple of kids for their entire education, great deposit on an investment property etc

(NB: $100K was a made up figure)
    Depends on what school they go to. Government school maybe the $100K would cover.

Out : N. Malceski In : G. Rohan ???
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

This might seem like an odd choice but if Malceski goes I think I'd like to see Jetta be given a go across half back. He has great speed and composure and his kicking ability is superb.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    This might seem like an odd choice but if Malceski goes I think I'd like to see Jetta be given a go across half back. He has great speed and composure and his kicking ability is superb.
    I think this has real merit, and I would expect that whether it's Jetts, Rohan or Zak they will increasingly be rotated through the middle and backline.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

I think this has real merit, and I would expect that whether it's Jetts, Rohan or Zak they will increasingly be rotated through the middle and backline.
    Don't underestimate what Jetta is already providing to the team. He is apparently 2nd in the AFL for metres gain outside the D50. Replacing that would take a very useful player.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    it is funny but i have been mulling over the same idea as Mal plays more the 50% on the wing anyway and Mal only arm grabs like Jetts anyway re defence

just joking both have improved their defensive pressure
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Jetta's tackle pressure is excellent but he would have to work on his spoiling and contested marking. But can you imagine having the speed of Rohan and Jetta (replacing Mal and Shaw) running off half back and delivering to Tippett and Buddy? Could be a devastating combo.

Senior Player
    Surely not Mike and The Birdman too? Say it ain't so could we lose all three?
    No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports

Sounds like pure speculation to me. Plus assume we lose one, that would free up money to entice the other two.
    Seriously doubt we would lose all three.
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Happy and I know it
    At least they can't use the "going home to Victoria" rubbish for Bird and Pyke.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Sounds like pure speculation to me. Plus assume we lose one, that would free up money to entice the other two.
    Seriously doubt we would lose all three.
    Pyke in my opinion would be the one you would not want to lose. There is depth on the half back line to replace Mal (Towers, Rohan, Jones). There is midfield depth to replace Bird (Mitchell if he decides to stay, Lloyd and Heeney. There are also strong midfield performers in the reserves like Hewitt and Robinson who would relish an opportunity.

Ruck is the big concern, so it would be deviating to lose Pyke. We need he and Tom D around in 2015 to buffer the development of Naismith and Toby N. They should both be ready to commence regular, solid senior football in 2016. The sticking point could be that Pyke wants two years, but the club will only offer year by year.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast