Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Nick Malceski eyes move to Melbourne Demons

Veterans List
    Damien Barrett again said on the Footy Show that Mal is definitely leaving and that there are 6 clubs chasing him. He said that Gold Coast are the front runners...(I remember someone else posted this previously). He mentioned the Eagles as well.

What compo did the hawks receive for Buddy just out of interest ? Look losing Nic Mal isn't ideal, he's in career best form but that's the nature of the game now. Can't begrudge him wanting to cash in on his final contract, and with Rohan showing a bit in defence , Biggs waiting In the wings, as well as hopefully AJ to come back eventually, I think we'll be okay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    What compo did the hawks receive for Buddy just out of interest ? Look losing Nic Mal isn't ideal, he's in career best form but that's the nature of the game now. Can't begrudge him wanting to cash in on his final contract, and with Rohan showing a bit in defence , Biggs waiting In the wings, as well as hopefully AJ to come back eventually, I think we'll be okay.
    Hawks got pick 19. They should have got a higher one.
    Considering the pies got 11 for Daisy. Didn't hear Ed complain about that one!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I agree, Mal will be an enormous loss, but you can't begrudge him for leaving for a bit of extra dosh.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Damien Barrett again said on the Footy Show that Mal is definitely leaving and that there are 6 clubs chasing him. He said that Gold Coast are the front runners...(I remember someone else posted this previously). He mentioned the Eagles as well.
    When was the last time Damien Barrett got anything right? He's Eddie's sock puppet and is just trying to be destabilising.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

IF it's true (and I repeat "IF"), then that's free agency and we need to accept it. Mal has been a wonderful servant for the club and will hopefully leave as a dual Premiership player. I think Biggs is a natural replacement but we also have McVeigh in the short term. Mal being a leftie gives us wonderful balance with him and Shaw covering both flanks but we can overcome that. We're now also seeing Rohan playing back as well so I am optimistic that we'll cover Mal if he leaves. I will reiterate though that I hope he stays.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    I'll be sad if the Eski leaves us (and I don't really want to see him run around in another team's colours). He's in great form and won't be easy to replace, but in my mind I've been almost ready to be without him for a while now. I've figured that, with his history of injury, he might be just one more serious injury away from retirement and his age means he might get to a point where his form drops off a bit.

That said, I was reminded of his importance on Saturday night. While some of his delivery forward was wayward, he was fantastic under pressure in the backline. He and McVeigh, in particularly, teamed up particularly well to get each other and the team out of some tight situations and to create space where there appeared to be none. The pair of them seemed to have a innate knowledge of exactly where the other was, and where he was about to run to.

People seem a little to relaxed about Eski leaving us.

Imagine how you'd feel if he went to Hawthorn ?

If he goes anywhere else, he'll be a very rare free-agent case where he leaves a premiership-window club to go to a non-contender. (Although Gold Coast could snare one before he's too old).

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If he goes anywhere else, he'll be a very rare free-agent case where he leaves a premiership-window club to go to a non-contender.
    You mean like Gary Ablett Jr going from Geelong to the Suns? For Mel, at the back end of his career, it might just be about cashing in his chips.

But for $500K? Surely we are paying or will pay him that?
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

I can understand if we do land Heeney and Mills that there will be clubs lining up offering ALOT of $ !!!!!

Hence a big time swans player probably looking for a larger contract then we can offer !

just do the math and if you look at a player like Scully who got zillions to go to GWS then why wouldnt the bottom 5 teams offer a huge amount for a 2nd or 3rd year player like Heeney or Mills in the near future ?

I think it is a fair comment hat the Bulldogs, Carlton, North, St Kilda, Melb etc etc would offer a player like Parker, Heeney, Jones, Mills, Mitchell a very very handsome contract in a few years from now..........ie $500k to $600k pa plus and that will be hard for us to match

Thank goodness we have signed on Birdy, Macca, McGlynn etc etc for two years to overlap with our massive talent coming thru in the midfield

Lets be honest over the next two years we will have a massive challenge to keep our pool of players given the desperate state of bottom or emerging teams needing talented players to feature in their team asap !!!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

When was the last time Damien Barrett got anything right? [/QUOTE]

Spot on Big Pussy. He is a complete Tosser!!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314