Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFL 360 16/7/14

For the last 10 years we have been the battler team - the no nonsense, down to earth mob - playing pressure football and scraping through.

Now we are the ladder leaders on a record streak and outright favourites. There is fear all over the airwaves but complete disinterest from the Swans. It all feels very comfortable ...

This is a very good sign.
    It is our destiny moving forward and I for one am enjoying it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by MomentByMoment View Post
    For the last 10 years we have been the battler team - the no nonsense, down to earth mob - playing pressure football and scraping through.

Now we are the ladder leaders on a record streak and outright favourites. There is fear all over the airwaves but complete disinterest from the Swans. It all feels very comfortable ...

This is a very good sign.
    It is our destiny moving forward and I for one am enjoying it immensely.
    I am with you on that.

If we keep winning, the voices of discontent will rise as each week passes with a crescendo of distrust and milignment on the day after the Grand Final.

If we lose a game anywhere on the run in, the joy from our detractors will be unbridled and there will even be some saying we are not as good as Geelong and Hawthorn (even Norf).

I can't see us being beaten again this year, if my opinion is worth anything.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I don't buy into the 'loss we need to have' at all...we had 3 of them at the start of the year and that is sufficient.
    We will want to beat Hawthorn more than anything this Saturday night after all the anti-Swans rubbish in the Melbourne media.
    Then in the Port game we have an 8 day break versus a 6 day break for Port so that would be a massive upset if we lost, given their worries down back.

Realistically even if we rest players in any of the other remaining matches, we should win comfortably. The only game I believe we have the capacity to lose is the last game of the year against the Tigers, and thats if and only if we have top spot sewn up. Players will be rested and the ones that do play will be forgiven for wanting to remain fresh for the following weeks to come. Also no doubt the tigers will desperately want to perform to give the yellow and black masses something to be excited about heading into season 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Realistically even if we rest players in any of the other remaining matches, we should win comfortably. The only game I believe we have the capacity to lose is the last game of the year against the Tigers, and thats if and only if we have top spot sewn up. Also no doubt the tigers will desperately want to perform to give the yellow and black masses something to be excited about heading into season 2015.
    Especially if a win will see them finish 9th......

Dropping the Essendon game could well keep the Pies out of the finals, depending on how the Suns go.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Especially if a win will see them finish 9th......
    C'mon Chels!

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I don't buy into the 'loss we need to have' at all...we had 3 of them at the start of the year and that is sufficient.
    I agree ...
    Losing to GWS was a master stroke. We don't need another loss from here on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Dropping the Essendon game could well keep the Pies out of the finals, depending on how the Suns go.
    I know ...
    I have seriously thought about that.

Pushing for Selection
    I wouldn't mind losing to hawks this week if we had to drop one. Repeat of 2012. We won, they won, WE WON!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Can you imagine Eddie's tantrum if that happened?
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12