Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlton looking to sign Tom Mitchell

If he makes it through the NT Thunder game I think he should return for Essendon and be given a chance to work up his senior form into the finals. Unfortunately Lloyd will likely have to come out to make way.

Suspended by the MRP
    I have not entered this forum to reaffirm any of my previous opinions. If Mitchell wanted to move I believe the most likely destination would be the Melbourne Demons not Carlton due to deal dynamics.

Roos is a crafty trade operator and I believe he is planning astutely for Danny Frawley to leave.

This is the fantasy deal I believe will go through:

Tom Mitchill, Nick Malcski and Loyd Perris for Pick 4 to the Swans.
    Melbourne would then get pick 5 as compensation for Frawley.
    Roos would not want to take Malceski under free agency because it would affect the compensation with Frawley. He would package up Mitchill and Malceski and would push for Lloyd Perris to be the deal sweetener (we know Roos has a high opinion of Perris and he would have low currency coming off an ACL).

Mitchell may want to leave the Swans for more first team football, Malceski may want to leave for a better pay day, and Perris may want to be on a Senior list.

I think the Swans would like a top 5 pick in the draft. Melbourne gets three players and still has one early pick in the draft.

Any trade for Malceski is probably better than pick 40 in free agency. Mitchill is worth IMO apick 12-20 at the trade and Perris may be the late sweetner.

The media was blindsided two years in a row when we snapped up the biggest free agents on the table. I think they are petrified of being nutmegged by our administrators a third time, hence the ridiculous conjecture that Frawley might come to the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I have not entered this forum to reaffirm any of my previous opinions. If Mitchell wanted to move I believe the most likely destination would be the Melbourne Demons not Carlton due to deal dynamics.

Roos is a crafty trade operator and I believe he is planning astutely for Danny Frawley to leave.

Roos would not want to take Malceski under free agency because it would affect the compensation with Frawley. He would package up Mitchill and Malceski and would push for Lloyd Perris to be the deal sweetener (we know Roos has a high opinion of Perris and he would have low currency coming off an ACL).

Mitchell may want to leave the Swans for more first team football, Malceski may want to leave for a better pay day, and Perris may want to be on a Senior list.

I think the Swans would like a top 5 pick in the draft. Melbourne gets three players and still has one early pick in the draft.

Any trade for Malceski is probably better than pick 40 in free agency. Mitchill is worth IMO apick 12-20 at the trade and Perris may be the late sweetner.
    Danny Frawley is leaving Bounce? Why wasn't I told?

Flawless!
    -

That whole bundle for pick 5 is fantasy alright!

If Mitchell wants more firsts footy it just takes less injuries. He can sit out injured just as well at Sydney as he could at the Dees.

The way he's started, Perris will likely be on our senior list soon enough.

Next player(s) you wanna bundle off to the Dees??

"If " Mitchell wants to leave and Carlton is his choice for a trade and "if" Malceski gets the big bucks that he probably deserves and goes for free to Melbourne then maybe that was why Chris Yarran smiled at Buddy last week - would be a good replacement for Malceski if he wants to go

I'll give you odds of 10-1 this doesn't happen and will take your money up to $100.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I'll give you odds of 10-1 this doesn't happen and will take your money up to $100.
    Sportsbet is giving 1,000,000 to 1.

Does that mean we would then have to give up pick 4 instead of 18 for Heeney?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Matt80 I normally love reading your opinions because you're not scared to say what you think and that is what RWO is all about...but that deal is laughable...Mitchell alone is worth a top 10 pick...inside mids like him are as rare as hens teeth in modern football these days given the obsession with speed...any club would love to build a 10 year midfield around a player like Tom and that is why Sydney won't let him leave.

This is the @@@@ing idiot recruiters deal I believe will go through:

I know there are rules on RWO about not playing the man.

Moderators, allow me this one indulgence??

Matt80, you sir know absolutely nothing about trading and drafting.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast