Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Carlton looking to sign Tom Mitchell

If there are no injury concerns, Mitchell would definitely be worth a pick 5. If given the choice between a top 5 midfielder in this year's draft (like Angus Brayshaw) or Tom Mitchell, I think Mitchell would be the choice. Tom has already proven that he can play footy at a high level and rack up possessions with the best. And I am sure that if he can put his injuries behind him he will have a stellar career.

Veterans List
    They have the wrong Mitchell. My mail is Carlton want Barry Mitchell to join their coaching squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    GWS said he would have been the best player in 2012 draft. He would be in best 5 in any draft. Some people have a perception his is slow.

Either way no chance he would get traded
    As Mandy rice Davies said, well they would say that wouldn't they. That doesn't make it remotely true. And he is slow. That won't stop him being a gun, but he isn't blessed with pace. If you want a look at the shape his career could go look at McLean from Carlton. Equally it could go Greg Williams. That is the sort of player he is.

But best five in any draft. Simply not true. His potential is yet unfulfilled, and maybe that is because since half way through his draft season he has been more or less continuously injured. And for that reason there are enough knocks on him.

Anyway based on mail putting contract talks on hold I'd say he is off so the question is what can be got for him

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If there are no injury concerns, Mitchell would definitely be worth a pick 5. If given the choice between a top 5 midfielder in this year's draft (like Angus Brayshaw) or Tom Mitchell, I think Mitchell would be the choice. Tom has already proven that he can play footy at a high level and rack up possessions with the best. And I am sure that if he can put his injuries behind him he will have a stellar career.
    Agree and can kick a goal too. And behinds. But at least he is getting the ball and usually in congested high pressure situations. I don't know where the slow tag comes from. He's quick enough. Maybe it's because he doesn't have 'electrifying pace' that some deem essential.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    They have the wrong Mitchell. My mail is Carlton want Barry Mitchell to join their coaching squad.
    No it is Patrick Mitchell! Their scouts tell Carlton he is the next Jake Oreal!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    As Mandy rice Davies said, well they would say that wouldn't they. That doesn't make it remotely true. And he is slow. That won't stop him being a gun, but he isn't blessed with pace. If you want a look at the shape his career could go look at McLean from Carlton. Equally it could go Greg Williams. That is the sort of player he is.

But best five in any draft. Simply not true. His potential is yet unfulfilled, and maybe that is because since half way through his draft season he has been more or less continuously injured. And for that reason there are enough knocks on him.

Anyway based on mail putting contract talks on hold I'd say he is off so the question is what can be got for him
    I think you have your wires crossed, Mal is the one who has put contract talks on hold, Mitchell is contracted to the end of 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I think you have your wires crossed, Mal is the one who has put contract talks on hold, Mitchell is contracted to the end of 2016.
    Actually it was the autocorrect. I knew it was mal. The earlier discussion was whether you trade mal and Mitchell as a package

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Hmmm Herald Sun.- News Ltd
    Talking Footy-Produced by McGuire Media

Can't people see whats happening here. This is how they will attack our success. By attempting to destabilise us. Eddie thinks it worked with Travis Cloke, so lets destabilise the Swans by putting @@@@ out there about players wanting to leave and us paying over the odds for a hack like James Frawley. Only one problem with it. Herald Sun isn't read in Sydney, and Talking Footy is not shown at all in Sydney.

Good one Eddie.

I must say its almost getting laughable, whenever anyone from Hawthorn or Collingwood is on media street, they never fail to bring up either COLA, Academies, recruiting Tippett etc. Its almost like Tony Abbott, "stop the boats". Clarko last night on "On the Couch" had a very uneducated ping at the academies. Morons the lot of them.
    Talking Footy is shown in Sydney at midnight and you can get it on YouTube about 2 days later. The Herald Sun is not in Sydney but it's sister paper the Telegraph is. The AFL articles from the Herald Sun if they involve Sydney will be printed in the Tele.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    LMHO. You are kidding me. Since you brought it up, the definition of a bigot is, ?a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief or opinion?. Seems you have an intolerance to someone else?s opinion. Make of that what you want. Labelling someone stupid is bordering on bullying and should not be tolerated in an RWO forum. So yes poorly played and getting worse.
    Excuse me.

Point out to me exactly where I have labelled Matt80 as stupid.

I have said his suggested trade is stupid (no actually i think I changed his quote from "fantasy deal" to "@@@@ing idiot recruiters deal"), and ridiculous. I even offered my opinion as to why in terms of our list needs and relative player worth in such a trade. I did NOT label Matt80 as stupid, you've made that leap all of your own, well done.

You seem to have a problem with me expressing an opinion in relation to a another posters suggested trade, and apparently I'm a bully.

That head you just laughed off, suggest you put it back on, it may come in helpful for the next time you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If he's not available I'm sure Lingie would love to share the coaches' box with Mick.

Warming the Bench
    A rubbish article. Simple as that.

Tom is signed until 2016.

He has been injured for the majority of the season. That is why he hasn't been playing.

The Swans will NOT consider trading him.

His manager and his dad both seem pretty happy with his current arrangements.

Pure speculative journalism once again, straight from the masters of football propaganda....The Herald Sun. Bravo.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Watch the speculation heat up now that he's been ruled out of the reserves this week