Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 17: NT Thunder v Sydney Swans Reserves

Thanks a bunch Ludwig. That's a really cheerful outlook for our future!

Went against the advice and watched it...wasn't too bad a game, except for the scoreline, the quarter time score:

0.6 - 6
    0.5 - 5

Didn't get better for the Swans from there.

I've watched a few of these replays, and it's always the same guys who impress. They may not get a bucket load of touches or kick a bag, but they have time, look composed and hit a target...and they chase.

Membrey - didn't do alot, but when he was near the ball he made stuff happen - looks like a footballer.
    Hewett - is filling out nicely and has great disposal and awareness. He's the only player I'd put my head on the block for and say he will play alot of senior football. Like Hannebery he was the youngest in their draft, and it may be a good ploy going forward to continue with the strategy.
    Biggs - looks awesome with ball in hand. Don't think he's there as a defender - but the same was said about Malcheski.
    Nankervis and Naismiith - I'll put together, as I have the same comment - They both show a bit, particularly Nankervis, but both need more time. If Pyke went down I wouldn't be surprised if LRT came up as the next ruckman. I think both aren't big enough ATM for the rigours of senior football, maybe less so for Nankervis.

Obviously Towers and BJ didn't play, but they've always looked good in the games I've seen. Towers particularly - tacklers always seem to fall off him.

The others, Marsh, Lockeyer, Dick, wouldn't be surprised if they were delisted. Marsh couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

ROK can do the inside stuff, but doesn't provide much link around the ground.

I was never a fan, but I have no doubt Tommy Walsh already has his flight home booked - bad run with injuries have given him little chance.

As noted above, the Power boys are super fat for elite footballers, but the way the play, they don't need to be fit. I don't think i've watched a team with such even, high end foot skills in the middle. Lace out every time. The Swans on the other hand.... - though alot of top ups in the team.

I suspect there are a few of those boys who don't bother travelling. Their home record is far superior to their travelling one.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    I too watched the replay.

Can't agree with the club that Marsh was in the best. Biggs was running around like the boy trying to plug too many holes in the dyke but he is a really good player. Thought Lockyer was good especially early.Naismith was more at ease than Toby. Dick is in my mind a keeper. He was the youngest on the list last year and should be given another year. An elite athlete who could improve a fair bit more.Best game I have seen Tommy Walsh play under a lot of pressure as well.

Membrey quality but not quantity.

Robinson a solid game with little help.

ROK still capable if needed. LRT a poor game.Marsh not much chop but was coming back from injury. Hewitt OK, shows glimpses.

XR OK under extreme pressure. Need to see more from him.

Too many toppies to worry too much about the result but Abe Davis is still a fair way from a high draft pick IMHO.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

I thought Dick was good in that game, but I've seen him play worse.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12