Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buddy Franklin Hawthorn supporters are the biggest sooks ever

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Not sure I entirely agree with this. It was not so long ago that a certain ruckman moved to Collingwood and copped a fair bit on here - and his wife copped even more (although having seen a couple of ads for that home renovation show that they're on, some of those barbs might be a little closer to the mark).

Would be interesting to see (touch wood we don't) how that thread turned if, say, Hawthorn won the flag and then picked up Mal...
    I really just meant in this instance, not always.

I think he will get a ferocious reception from the dawks fan tonight - but hopefully it revs him and the boys up tonight and we get the job done.

cant wait for tonight - its going to be a cracker at the g!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Most funny moment I have to share. I just turned on Fox Football and noticed that there is a reply of the round 23 game of 2013 between the Hawks and the Swans.

My four year old sees a picture of Franklin on the screen. He turns to me and says:

"What's happened to Franklin, he used to wear Red and White".

I assured him that Franklin is still wearing Red and White.
    My 6 and 4 year old kids just had the same reaction

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    My 6 and 4 year old kids just had the same reaction
    Life is so much simpler through the eyes of small children. No history of grudges to spoil their fun.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Spangher was never going to stay at the Swans - we drafted him after he said he wanted to go home to Melbourne preferably to Hawthorn at the time - he was one of the first to say how expensive it was in Sydney when he first came here - he eventually got to where he wanted to go so good luck to him and i hope he stays fit
    Ah...right...I understand now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was surprised at how mature the hawks players were in the ANZ game. They are usually not known for this but they were a great example for their supporters. Although being on their home ground the hawks players could be different tonight!!
    I too have been very impressed with the attitude to Buddy by the Hawks' players. I think it shows their respect for what he gave Hawthorn in the many years he played with them.

But I also think it reflects that more generally players across the AFL want free agency. We the fans might not be so happy but players want the right to choose whom they play for and at what price, once they have earned the right to do so. As someone who moved jobs & cities quite a bit over my career, I cannot argue with that, no matter how sad I would be if we lost a player this way e.g. Malceski.

That said, I see in an article this week that Tex Walker is still holding a grudge against Kurt Tippett.

Suspended by the MRP
    On Buddy Franklin. What do people think of Buddy canning his manager Liam Pickering for Jasinta Campbell's manager?

I would feel disappointed if I was Pickering as he secured Buddy an amazing football contract.

I think Pickering will be relieved in the long run. He still gets the commission on Buddy's contract, but does not have to organise Buddy's car insurance or hold his hand anymore.

Pickering can concentrate on growing his clientele with the time saved with not managing Buddy's affairs.

Be interesting to see if Buddy's new manager can give him the World.

Hopefully Buddy has a huge game tonight.

On Buddy Franklin. What do people think of Buddy canning his manager Liam Pickering for Jasinta Campbell's manager?
    Doesn't really need as much footy related management for the rest of his playing career. Probably wants to diversify his resume so it could be a good move.

Veterans List

I would feel disappointed if I was Pickering as he secured Buddy an amazing football contract.

I think Pickering will be relieved in the long run. He still gets the commission on Buddy's contract, but does not have to organise Buddy's car insurance or hold his hand anymore.

Pickering can concentrate on growing his clientele with the time saved with not managing Buddy's affairs.

Be interesting to see if Buddy's new manager can give him the World.
    I heard some quotes from Max Markson about the decision for Buddy to change management and he said he can now get more off field endorsements. Tongue in cheek he said one day he could be hosting the Today show. If that happened Matt would you stop watching Sunrise??

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I heard some quotes from Max Markson about the decision for Buddy to change management and he said he can now get more off field endorsements. Tongue in cheek he said one day he could be hosting the Today show. If that happened Matt would you stop watching Sunrise??
    Ha Ha. There is nothing like Brekkie Central.

I think you would start Buddy of in the Traffic Helicopter. Get him to analyse traffic flows and the effects of car accidents on peak hour traffic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12