Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy Franklin Hawthorn supporters are the biggest sooks ever

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Buddy Franklin Hawthorn supporters are the biggest sooks ever

Seriously. Having poached Gunston, Burgoyne, Hale, Mcevoy, Gibson, Lake, Sphanger. They really want to whinge about Buddy defecting.

What a bunch of sooks. Biggest player poachers around and still want to whinge about it

Nice that everyone seems to be working out Buddy is happier at Sydney
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Just wild about Harry
    I was furious when they poached Spangher. I mean, after all we did for him! How can a team win the premiership and then recruit Spangher? They must be paying under the table because we made a huge offer to him to stay. I will be booing the strut every time he goes near the ball. What the heck, I'm going to start booing him now while I am having my breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I was furious when they poached Spangher. I mean, after all we did for him! How can a team win the premiership and then recruit Spangher? They must be paying under the table because we made a huge offer to him to stay. I will be booing the strut every time he goes near the ball. What the heck, I'm going to start booing him now while I am having my breakfast!
    Hahaha! Ya canna hand a man a granda Spangha.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Spangher was never going to stay at the Swans - we drafted him after he said he wanted to go home to Melbourne preferably to Hawthorn at the time - he was one of the first to say how expensive it was in Sydney when he first came here - he eventually got to where he wanted to go so good luck to him and i hope he stays fit

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Spangher was never going to stay at the Swans - we drafted him after he said he wanted to go home to Melbourne preferably to Hawthorn at the time - he was one of the first to say how expensive it was in Sydney when he first came here - he eventually got to where he wanted to go so good luck to him and i hope he stays fit
    Ah...right...I understand now.

Let's hope Buddy really gives them something to whinge about tonight :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Let's hope Buddy really gives them something to whinge about tonight :-)
    Living well is the best revenge. Beating Hawthorn is second! Doing both? Priceless haha

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    By comparison, take a look at the general mood of the Malbourne thread- people annoyed at the reporting on scant info, sure, but the general gist is of people who would perfectly understand if a favoured son looked to greener pastures.

Obviously different players at different points of their career, but I do think we come out looking a little more mature.

Suspended by the MRP
    If I was a Hawks supporter I would be more annoyed at those Swans getting Kennedy and McGlynn for a paltry 2nd Round pick. 4.5 seasons later Kennedy has never finished outside the top 5 of the Swans best and fairest and has never missed a game. He may even win the Brownlow this year. McGlynn has averaged about one goal and 8 tackles a game. He is in career best form.

Instead of Sewell and Pulopolo it could have been Kennedy and McGlynn now playing those roles.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    By comparison, take a look at the general mood of the Malbourne thread- people annoyed at the reporting on scant info, sure, but the general gist is of people who would perfectly understand if a favoured son looked to greener pastures.

Obviously different players at different points of their career, but I do think we come out looking a little more mature.
    Not sure I entirely agree with this. It was not so long ago that a certain ruckman moved to Collingwood and copped a fair bit on here - and his wife copped even more (although having seen a couple of ads for that home renovation show that they're on, some of those barbs might be a little closer to the mark).

Would be interesting to see (touch wood we don't) how that thread turned if, say, Hawthorn won the flag and then picked up Mal...
    Last edited by Vonsteinman; 26th July 2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Far fingers

Suspended by the MRP
    Most funny moment I have to share. I just turned on Fox Football and noticed that there is a reply of the round 23 game of 2013 between the Hawks and the Swans.

My four year old sees a picture of Franklin on the screen. He turns to me and says:

"What's happened to Franklin, he used to wear Red and White".

I assured him that Franklin is still wearing Red and White.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Most funny moment I have to share. I just turned on Fox Football and noticed that there is a reply of the round 23 game of 2013 between the Hawks and the Swans.

My four year old sees a picture of Franklin on the screen. He turns to me and says:

"What's happened to Franklin, he used to wear Red and White".

I assured him that Franklin is still wearing Red and White.
    Brilliant!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast