Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Game Day - R18 vs Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    Exactly! That magical day is easily my best footy memory (I was living overseas in '05). I've never hugged so many strangers! This is obviously a biased point of view, but I feel as though Swans supporters in general, are really well behaved. Probably why it does feel like one big family I reckon.
    +1 - best footy memory for me as well. Still the moment i had that best stuck in my mind was another young guy like me (I was 25 and I think he was much the same), who like me was by himself but sitting a few seats down from me in the same bay. The couple between us rushed down to the fence after the final siren, but we just looked at each other, with smiles as broad as anything, and then, in amongst jumping for joy and bellowing out the song, embraced in an almighty man hug, and at almost the same time, the tears of joy started flowing from both of us. 2 strangers united in absolute esctacy!im guessing it was his first grand final as well, but the memory of that moment will stick with me forever.

The amount of shakes of a scarf held high, random hugs and yells of 'up the swannies' amd the like from absolute strangers in melbourne were numerous, and I agree you really do feel like part of a family, and that is one of the reasons I love my swannies!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    I was sitting in the MCC members surrounded by hawk supporters and tbh they were reasonably behaved. I got annoyed a few times when i was eaves dropping on their conversations and i disagreed with their point of view. however the person behind me was probably thinking the same about me.

i hope we play them in the GF and win. Hopefully Eddie and Derm are hosting the aftershow all red faced and angry

There's a discussion of the Goodes' 'non-mark' in the video " Whistle Blowers" on the AFL website. The umpires coach is "more than happy" with play-on call although acknowledging it to be "as close as it gets". One replay shows the incident in very close detail.

What a pack of tossers the hawks fans are. Arrogance to the nth degree!

When they started booing Buddy, I told them to sit down and shut up and admit that you STILL love him and you'd all feel a lot better. (The guy in front of me was crying with laughter.) When they started booing Goodesy, I went ballistic. Told them how dare you?

After Goodesy had kicked his fourth goal, I said to the little kids a few rows down that he was my boyfriend. They didn't believe me until I showed them my facebook picture (it's a pic of me and Adam from the 2012 granny after party). Their faces were priceless.

After the game, the Hawks supporters were REALLY smug - until I said that we were STILL on the top of the ladder AND we get to take buddy home with us.

They didn't like that much.

Oh well, at least we're still at the top of the ladder AND we got to bring buddy home with us.

Need a FULL four quarters out of everybody to get the percentage up and running.

Bring on Friday.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Hawks fans love to hate us because :

1. We stole their premiership in 2012. They still have not got over that loss, as I believe they all thought all they had to do, was to turn up and they would beat those overrated players from Sydney.

2. Buddy chose Sydney as the club he wanted to play out his career with and they cannot forgive Buddy or the Swans. If Buddy went to GWS I am sure he would not be booed like he was last Saturday. I thought it was disgraceful on all accounts.

3. Kennedy

4. McGlynn
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the veteran's list
    5. Michael Byrne

6. Robert Teal

7. Dermott Brereton

8. Luke Brennan

9. Gary Buckenara !!!!!!

10. They took Leon Higgins

11. They took Brett O'Farrell

12. Missing out on ROK

13. Buddy looking better in a Swans jumper

14. John Kennedy Jnr barracking for Sydney in the 2012 GF

15. We had Richard Colless and they had big mouth Jeff Kennett!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Marty Mattner sums it up:

After the game everyone was pretty disappointed, and then after the review on Monday everyone was disappointed again,

From the Coaches Box - improvement to make - sydneyswans.com.au

I'd be fascinated to know how those review sessions are conducted. Does anyone know?

Do they all sit and watch the video cheering and groaning (as play dictates)? Do they applaud each other's good play and berate the bad? Does Horse stop the tape and point out good and bad play? Does Nick Smith leave the room when it gets to the bit where he kicks straight to the Hawk in the goal square??

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I'd be fascinated to know how those review sessions are conducted. Does anyone know?

Do they all sit and watch the video cheering and groaning (as play dictates)? Do they applaud each other's good play and berate the bad? Does Horse stop the tape and point out good and bad play? Does Nick Smith leave the room when it gets to the bit where he kicks straight to the Hawk in the goal square??
    Do they get popcorn?
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Do they get popcorn?
    Only when they win!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920