Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 vs essendon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Laidler played very well. Took lots of strong marks. Him being isolated on hill is as much a problem for the whole defence as it is for him.
    My thoughts too.
    Lack of pace, but was one of our better players last night.

i'd be giving Jetta a rest.
    Turned it over far too often, too easily last night.

Can't agree. Jetta's delivery into the forward line was best on ground. He was composed and shrugged important tackles in tight.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Can't agree. Jetta's delivery into the forward line was best on ground. He was composed and shrugged important tackles in tight.
    Agreed jetta stays. I'm just watching the replay and what stands out to me is the real drop of in pressure and all the broken tackles during the third qtr. The mids were way down

Senior Player
    And I am really quite impressed with towers contributions when he came on

Suspended by the MRP
    My critics on Red and White have said that in obsessed with electric pace. That Laidler one had nothing to do with strategy. It was simply about a player not able to win the one on one through poor pace. If it was Rohan, Jones or Towers that ball would have been pushed to the boundary line or a tackle executed.

The astroid has hit and Laidler is a dinosaur looking for the last piece of greenery.

You cannot be slow in the modern game unless you are a pure inside midfielder like Sam Mitchell or Kennedy or a 200cm key forward like Tippett.

Veterans List
    What did Laidler do to Gunston? At the game I saw Gunston hunched over for awhile. Did he punch him in the stomach?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    My critics on Red and White have said that in obsessed with electric pace. That Laidler one had nothing to do with strategy. It was simply about a player not able to win the one on one through poor pace. If it was Rohan, Jones or Towers that ball would have been pushed to the boundary line or a tackle executed.

The astroid has hit and Laidler is a dinosaur looking for the last piece of greenery.

You cannot be slow in the modern game unless you are a pure inside midfielder like Sam Mitchell or Kennedy or a 200cm key forward like Tippett.
    That little turd Pop is quick and slippery, Would've taken a huge effort for Laidler to get him. Can't write off him off because of that. His first half was probably his best in red and white colours I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

Ridiculous! As has been pointed out Nick Smith suffered an almost identical fate as Laidler last year with Puopolo. Are you saying every player who isn't as quick as Puopolo should be dropped? Grundy, Smith, Richards, Malceski et al would be all be out according to your absurd standards.

Give it a rest, mate. I'm tired of reading your silly opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

God forbid a player try and cover a loose player for their teammates lest they end up dropped from the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    What did Laidler do to Gunston? At the game I saw Gunston hunched over for awhile. Did he punch him in the stomach?
    There was a 5 minute period there where hawthorn went the knuckle. Reminded me of the Lake incident, but the umps didnt penalise them like they did when they played north. We couldn't capitalise.

Game day showed only grainy footage. Laidler should get off, unless gungston squeals.

I think Laidler has done well this year, but we may want to try a back six that includes Rohan in lieu of Laidler to add a bit more speed. Rohan also has a big leap. Sometimes I think with Grundy and Laidler we are a bit too slow for slick and quick sides like Hawthorn. Other sides it probably doesn't make as much difference.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think Laidler has done well this year, but we may want to try a back six that includes Rohan in lieu of Laidler to add a bit more speed. Rohan also has a big leap. Sometimes I think with Grundy and Laidler we are a bit too slow for slick and quick sides like Hawthorn. Other sides it probably doesn't make as much difference.
    Ludwig I'm with you. I think that is what I was trying to say earlier but you've put it very nicely

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Ridiculous! As has been pointed out Nick Smith suffered an almost identical fate as Laidler last year with Puopolo. Are you saying every player who isn't as quick as Puopolo should be dropped? Grundy, Smith, Richards, Malceski et al would be all be out according to your absurd standards.

Give it a rest, mate. I'm tired of reading your silly opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

God forbid a player try and cover a loose player for their teammates lest they end up dropped from the side.
    You should be more respectful of a diversity of views. This is the sort of talk I would expect from the Kremlin in the 50s.

I like quick players. Grundy and Richards are not super quick but do a great job for the team. If Rampe did not have great pace you would have marked the Gunston goal in the book. Rohan's chasing led to some rushed Hawks entries.

Some fans get excited by boundary line dribble goals. I get excited by big tackles, chases and unrelenting defensive pressure. The Buddy goal from 70m was a magic moment and I fainted and fell in my seat (true story) when Malceski snapped the ball over his shoulder in 2012. What should never be forgotten was the 100 plus tackles that got Nick to that moment.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast