Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 vs essendon

Senior Player

Changes for Rnd 19 vs essendon

Okay. Time to start this thread.

One change only for me. This is barring any suspension or injury concerns.

IN Shaw
    OUT Laidler

I think laidlers lack of pace was really shown up in defence last night. He has played well up to this point in the year but last night he was weak. The rest of the defence was also a bit weak. Smith had a poor game but that was an aberration

Rohan was very good and saved a number of goals.

Towers stays and he is sub again

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How far away is Hanners?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    How far away is Hanners?
    Didn't we hear during the week that he was unlikely to be back for the essendon game.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    How far away is Hanners?
    In the post-game conference, Horse said he's very unlikely to be back this week.

Laidler played very well. Took lots of strong marks. Him being isolated on hill is as much a problem for the whole defence as it is for him.

Senior Player
    I definitely don't want hanners rushed back. Ideal the should play for the last two games of the season so he can find some touch for the finals. He is vital for our chances in September
    Last edited by aguy; 27th July 2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Clarification

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Okay. Time to start this thread.

One change only for me. This is barring any suspension or injury concerns.

IN Shaw
    OUT Laidler

I think laidlers lack of pace was really shown up in defence last night. He has played well up to this point in the year but last night he was weak. The rest of the defence was also a bit weak. Smith had a poor game but that was an aberration

Rohan was very good and saved a number of goals.

Towers stays and he is sub again
    I'd agree with all of that. Gary was excellent, and was complimented by Longmire in otherwise critical presser.

Towers out if/when Hanners is back. The sub then would be interesting: Lloyd, Cunningham or Rohan? Maybe Harry at the moment, on form.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    I'd agree with all of that. Gary was excellent, and was complimented by Longmire in otherwise critical presser.

Towers out if/when Hanners is back. The sub then would be interesting: Lloyd, Cunningham or Rohan? Maybe Harry at the moment, on form.
    I think Harry too based on that. An intetseting dilemma. Rohan proved his defensive value last night and that's needed upfront not as the sub

Suspended by the MRP
    Agree. But I would be concerned by Shaw's rustiness and fitness. Maybe he gets through 2.5 quarters then Towers comes on.

I think Rohan can offer everything that Laidler can and is much quicker with a better chase down tackle. Rohan's confidence is building. His defensive game is in good order. You will begin to see Rohan taking intercept marks and breaking the lines with counter-attack. It's very exciting. Well done the Swans for relaunching Rohan as a half back.

I was disappointed we lost to the Hawks as there will now be no proactive opportunity for a farewell game for ROK or LRT. If we were two games clear at top coming into the final round, we could have rested some tired players to play ROK and LRT and could have debuted Membrey, Hewitt and Toby N. We now have to win all games to remain top two and will pick our strongest side.

I think people are being very harsh on Laidler because of one moment with Puopolo. That was Longmire being outcoached by Clarkson.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I think people are being very harsh on Laidler because of one moment with Puopolo. That was Longmire being outcoached by Clarkson.
    I'm sure that incident is playing strongly but realistically Rohan deserves his spot and if shaw comes back who Are you gonna drop ?

Laidler will probably be suspended anyway but I'd drop Towers and move Lloyd to sub.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast