Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 23 schedule announced

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Looking at the AFL finals fixture for the Qualifying finals and the corresponding round of NRL it looks as though there are no games at ANZ which means we would have to play our first final there, assuming we finish top 2. Is this correct?

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread but it's a real shame...an SCG final would have been awesome.

Could someone who knows more about the NRL season and how it's likely to pan out tell us the liklihood of us getting a prelim final at the SCG should we win the qualifying final?

Judging from the current NRL ladder positions there could be 3 finals in Sydney, which means that 2 NRL games are played at SFS and 1 at ANZ stadium. If 4 games are scheduled in Sydney than most likely the Swans will play at the SCG.

I'd love a final at a packed SCG, but its probably unlikely. As we saw in 2012, the AFL often gets in first and has first dibs over the NRL about ANZ.

I'd say absolutely no hope at all of a prelim at SCG - there are only 2 NRL games the weekend of Prelims, and I'd find it unlikely the NRL would want to play both Prelims at ANZ.

I'd still love to see the Swans play all week 1 finals at SCG, week 3 finals at ANZ, and alternate in regards to week 2 finals.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'm pretty sure the AFL deal means that they get first crack at ANZ Stadium anyway, regardless of how many NRL games are to be played in Sydney that weekend. Move on people.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Disagree with everyone . should be at the MCG , really going to need game time there !

I'm gonna stroll on over to Lady GAGA after the Richmond game.

Sweet!

Got to say im glad its at ANZ after seeing the state of the SCG last night.

The slightest bit of adverse weather at the SCG turns the game into a rolling maul.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Got to say im glad its at ANZ after seeing the state of the SCG last night.

The slightest bit of adverse weather at the SCG turns the game into a rolling maul.
    You don't find the trolls at ANZ annoying ?
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    You don't find the trolls at ANZ annoying ?
    Sure, but a 10 page thread after each ANZ game about how much they hate ANZ and how the game would have got 50,000 at the SCG ( like last night) says more about them than the venue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12