Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RO'K free agent

RO'K free agent

Damien Barrett, on the Footy Show, says Ryan's management have said he will exercise his free agent status to try and get to a another club next year

No surprises there. If it happens I wish him all the very best and will give him a huge round of applause if he runs on to the SCG or ANZ Stadium in opposition colours.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    No surprises there. If it happens I wish him all the very best and will give him a huge round of applause if he runs on to the SCG or ANZ Stadium in opposition colours.
    As will I Doc....

Co-signed. He's been a fantastic servant of the club, dual premiership player, Norm Smith medalist and by all accounts his leadership in the reserves group this year has been invaluable. Lesser players might have had a chip on their shoulder about their demotion.

It's a shame that he won't be able to end his career with the club but I'll be happy to see him on the field for another club (as long as he doesn't end up laying 17 tackles against us in a Grand Final).

He would be an excellent pick up for a young, rebuilding, defensively minded side, like the Demons.

Pick up the phone Roosy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

It'd be deserving to see him as a 300 game player & tough that he can't get a game averaging 29 disposals a game in the NEAFL

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    It'd be deserving to see him as a 300 game player & tough that he can't get a game averaging 29 disposals a game in the NEAFL
    ah, the scooter mcglone rule.
    maybe we shouldve traded him last year, maybe we couldve kept everitt or lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    ah, the scooter mcglone rule.
    maybe we shouldve traded him last year, maybe we couldve kept everitt or lamb.
    Hindsight is 20:20

He'd just come off 10 consecutive seasons of playing 22+ games each year & won a Norm Smith a year before last year. No way you'd think to trade him. His currency has dropped somewhat (well it's probably zero as a free agent coming off a 4 game season).

Unfortunately ROK is our Paul Chapman. Still got a few games left in him but would currently be player number 25-30 on our list. Very sad to see it all come to an end so quickly for him.

It hurts to read about this as he has been a favourite for so long but I'll be happy for him if he gets another year at Melbourne or gws. Can't see it happening anywhere else. He needs to be played as an inside mid.

Blog Entries
    He is too good a player to be in the NEAFL.
    Deserves a chance to run around in the seniors for another year or 2.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have to admit, I do watch some guys running around in games and ponder "is ROK really that much slower than them?".

You'd have to think the cross town chaps would be interested. I'm guessing part of the problem is that we already have some not overly fleet of foot inside players in the team (Bird, JPK- Mitchell in the pecking order above him when fit), the Giants midfield is very speedy and Callan Ward is probably their slowest (and he's far from slow). It would be a good fit, ROK's a known name in Sydney, we know he'd set a great example for their younger guys and I daresay he'd be a starter for them.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast