Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Swans V Bombers. Match Day Thread.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Really? when I saw it happen I wasn't surprised to see him pinned, regardless of whether it was legit or not.
    It didn't look legit.
    I watched the game with headphones on, which probably helped me at this point, you can actually hear the umpire apologising to Goodesy saying that he didn't see the fist.. If you also take notice of where the umpire runs in from he was guessing that it was a throw as Goodes had his body between the ball and the ump. In fairness to the ump, it would've looked like a throw.
    C'mon Chels!

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    I watched the game with headphones on, which probably helped me at this point, you can actually hear the umpire apologising to Goodesy saying that he didn't see the fist.. If you also take notice of where the umpire runs in from he was guessing that it was a throw as Goodes had his body between the ball and the ump. In fairness to the ump, it would've looked like a throw.
    But that is why the umpies are not supposed to guess. They are only supposed to pay free kicks on what they see, not what they think they see. If they are unsighted they are not supposed to pay frees.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213