Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Port Power

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Fans of every club think Ray hates their club. I doubt he's got anything particular against the Swans. Overall he's a pretty decent umpire but he does seem to like to make the odd outrageous call every now and again, and he's quick to give 50m penalties at even the slightest inkling of dissent from the player - which might just be a twitch of the eyebrow or a wiggle of the nose.
    Actually, Rays problem is that he feels that he had to make a decision instead of letting it go. In this way he impacts the game more than he should.

I feel Ray is conscious of the fact he is miked up and on camera , more than any other ump, and officiates accordingly. He feels compelled to make decisions where others wouldn't. Pretty much what Dosser says

This is a part of what Horse had to say about Hanners return....

?We expect him to have an impact and that?s why we?ve picked him.

?We?ve got him in the team to come in and contribute, and whatever that role is, he needs to make sure he does that."

Horse always talks about his subs "coming in and having an impact" ....

Maybe I'm over reading his comments, but I get the feeling Hanners will be in the vest this week.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    This is a part of what Horse had to say about Hanners return....

?We expect him to have an impact and that?s why we?ve picked him.

?We?ve got him in the team to come in and contribute, and whatever that role is, he needs to make sure he does that."

Horse always talks about his subs "coming in and having an impact" ....

Maybe I'm over reading his comments, but I get the feeling Hanners will be in the vest this week.
    If Hanners is sub i'll be very very very surprised. The other quote you didn't have there is how Horse say's he is naturally fit, and they all say he is a gut runner. He's got the preseasons under his belt, as well as half a footy season of match conditioning. 6 weeks wont have impacted him enough to start him sub. Maybe sub off, but not start.

Agreed, mm. I think he'll start. At worst he'll be on the list of potential players to be subbed at the end of the third quarter depending on how he's going.

I read Horse's remarks as meaning: We're taking a punt on him but he likes to make an impact and he better make an impact.

No pressure, Dan.

Veteran Site Admin
    I read it as "missing 5 weeks is no excuse. He's a senior player, a quality senior player, and he's been picked because he's in our best 22. He can't expect to have a month to come in and find his feet again".

Westhoff on crutches at training.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Senior Player
    Westhoff won't be playing. Harry Thring has posted a photo of him on crutches at training today
    Twitter / AFL_Harry: .@PAFC star Justin Westhoff ...

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    That's a pretty big bonus for us
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Damian Barrett is fast becoming one of the biggest flogs in the media...can't remember the last time he had anything positive to say about the Swans.

From 'Sliding Doors' today on afl.com.au - ''Sydney Swans: Lindsay Thomas copped it, deservedly, last week... ...Adam Goodes may be on his second last, or last, chance.''

Hey Damo...how about geez i dunno maybe talking about the game this weekend?? it's only the match of the round...no big deal!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

'Sliding Doors' is so lame it's embarrassing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast