Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Port Power

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Nankervis's finger must be OK as he has been named as an emergency with Biggs and Laidler. Two half backs on the emergency list!
    Or the Nankervis / Naismith keys have got mixed up on the system they use to enter the team. Last week they named Naismith before admitting it was meant to be Nankervis. This week, surely they must mean Naismith?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Ins. Franklin and Hanners
    Outs. Towers and Membrey
    First time i've got one right all year...

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Or the Nankervis / Naismith keys have got mixed up on the system they use to enter the team. Last week they named Naismith before admitting it was meant to be Nankervis. This week, surely they must mean Naismith?
    I thought Nanko's finger was okay as he played last week in the reserves. He and Naismith are both named in the ressies side for Saturday.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I thought Nanko's finger was okay as he played last week in the reserves. He and Naismith are both named in the ressies side for Saturday.
    The match report said Nankervis was unable to play in the final quarter after suffering a compound finger fracture.

Reserves back on winners' list

The match report said Nankervis was unable to play in the final quarter after suffering a compound finger fracture.

Reserves back on winners' list
    Hey, that's right! But he's not on the injury list, nor anything mentioned on the injury report. And he is in fact listed to play in the reserves.

I wonder what's up.

Razer Ray again in front of a parochial crowd; bad for my blood pressure.

Razor Ray loves pissing off a crowd but he also hates us. Must be a real Sophie's Choice for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It's Port, not the Crows. What do they care who KT plays for?

Hanners and Frankers in. Memmers and Towersers out. Naisers will travel as an emergency.

Smokey tip, based on nothing but a hunch, Shaw out (chronic niggles) and Biggs in.

Oh, and for old time's sake, Bevan & Matthews out.
    People I know will go to the game to boo himself... i know they need to get a life.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Razor Ray loves pissing off a crowd but he also hates us. Must be a real Sophie's Choice for him.
    Fans of every club think Ray hates their club. I doubt he's got anything particular against the Swans. Overall he's a pretty decent umpire but he does seem to like to make the odd outrageous call every now and again, and he's quick to give 50m penalties at even the slightest inkling of dissent from the player - which might just be a twitch of the eyebrow or a wiggle of the nose.

Veterans List
    Can still remember that Freo game where he won it for Freo off his own boot, I mean whistle

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Maybe whoever wrote the match report had the finger injury mixed up with the last time he did it? would be pretty poor journalism but you never know! very strange for it not to be mentioned in the tuesday injury report
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Fans of every club think Ray hates their club. I doubt he's got anything particular against the Swans. Overall he's a pretty decent umpire but he does seem to like to make the odd outrageous call every now and again, and he's quick to give 50m penalties at even the slightest inkling of dissent from the player - which might just be a twitch of the eyebrow or a wiggle of the nose.
    I don't think he's a decent umpire at all, especially for the reasons you mention. He makes terrible game deciding calls and is one of the most visible umpires in the game, which is a bad thing. Just witness his crazy early siren whistle during the Hawks-Adelaide game. Any other umpire would have been dropped.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast