Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bird and Laidler re-sign

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I don't think Kennedy is all that slow either...just rarely gets the ball in space given his contested style and role within the team. When he plays forward line and leads up at the ball carrier he very rarely has trouble burning whoever is following him around.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Kennedy is all that slow either...just rarely gets the ball in space given his contested style and role within the team. When he plays forward and leads up at the ball carrier he very rarely has trouble burning whoever is following him around.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Mods, yet another Matt80 hijacking is taking place here.

Do I have to 'ignore' every thread he enters with his repetitive crap?
    Have to agree with EK.

[QUOTE=Conor_Dillon;650222]I don't think Kennedy is all that slow either...just rarely gets the ball in space given his contested style and role within the team. When he plays forward line and leads up at the ball carrier he very rarely has trouble burning whoever is following him around.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 100% however it may be my imagination but in the last couple of games he seems to have been able to be clear enough to have more shots than usual. Its been great to see his face sometimes and not just his body being pummelled into the ground or surrounded by a pack. Amazing player. And because it is a Bird thread, I'm very happy to see him re-signed.

If you have theory about something, it doesn't hurt to test it against the known facts.

Like if there's no sign that Player Name has any desire to leave the club, or is actually going to leave the club, and there's no sign the club wants Player Name to leave, that's a pretty good indication that Player Name isn't going anywhere.

If that's not enough, think about the wider context. In this case, it's that Sydney is probably the most desirable club to play for and has the best coaching and development team in the comp. As Frank Sinatra would say, if you can't make it there, you can't make it anywhere. Vespa, Nathan Gordon, Barlow and Johnston can attest to that.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    If you have theory about something, it doesn't hurt to test it against the known facts.

Like if there's no sign that Player Name has any desire to leave the club, or is actually going to leave the club, and there's no sign the club wants Player Name to leave, that's a pretty good indication that Player Name isn't going anywhere.

If that's not enough, think about the wider context. In this case, it's that Sydney is probably the most desirable club to play for and has the best coaching and development team in the comp. As Frank Sinatra would say, if you can't make it there, you can't make it anywhere. Vespa, Nathan Gordon, Barlow and Johnston can attest to that.
    Jesse? Commentator last weekend said "he hasn't come on the way Collingwood thought he would". D'oh.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Sorry to change the theme, but they were saying on SEN radio that Adam Goodes staging on Friday was disgusting and he should be reported for it. Does any one know what they are talking about???? Is it the free kick in front of goal were he got dragged down?
    Sounds like Mark Fine. He is getting worse and more dramatic by the day. Seems to me he incites people to get a rise on his show. Used to like him but I think he has just about disappeared up himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I think that now that Bird has resigned that Tom Mitchills Swans future is uncertain despite being contracted.

I think Longmire has worked out that the ideal midfield balance is:

3 slower, inside ball extracting midfielders (Kennedy, Parker, Bird)

2 medium paced inside / outside endurance runners (McVeigh and Hanners)

The rest are speedy and multifaceted (McGlynn, K. Jack, Jetta, Lloyd, Cunningham)

Mitchell can only fit into the slow paced, inside midfield brigade. There are 3 spots that are filled by Kennedy, Parker and Bird. I don't think Longmire will open this section up to include four players to accommodate Mitchill. Mitchill does not have the flexibility of the others. If there is an injury then he can break into one of the three spots.

If Bird, Kennedy, and Parker are fit and in great form next season, then Mitchill may face more reserve time. Added to Mitchills challenges is that Hewitt and Heeney will be pushing as well if they have good pre seasons.

Mitchill will no doubt want to play 20 plus senior games in 2015 if fit and I don't know how they will do that I Kennedy, Parker and Bird are fit and firing in 2015.
    That is your ideal world Matt. You forgot about injuries and depth.

Jesse and Armstrong too. Spangher is going OK but probably not in Hawks' first 22 if all available.

Bang on.

I sometimes wonder whether some people have lived in an alternative reality the past 6 months. Either that or they are wilfully ignorant of the facts.

Lyrics Update

Frank Sinatra ? New York, New York Lyrics

Start spreading the news, I am leaving today.
    I want to be a part of it, New York, New York.
    These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray
    Right through the very heart of it, New York, New York.

I want to wake up, In that city that doesn't sleep.
    And find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap.

My little town blues, They are melting away.
    I gotta make a brand new start of it, in old New York.

If I can make it there,
    I'll make it anywhere.

It's up to you, New York, New York.

New York, New York.
    I want to wake up, in that city that never sleeps.
    And find I'm Number 1, Top of the list, King of the hill, Aye Number 1...

These little town blues, they have melted away.
    I'm about to make a brand new start of it,
    New York, New York.

If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere.
    It's up to you, New York, New York!

That's a bit slack. I thought you were going to post a version of the song as an ode to the moderately-talented player.

Plus it's a misreading of what I wrote, which was what Ol' Blue Eyes would say if he were a) aware of the Swans; b) understood the AFL draft and trading rules and; c) alive - the absence of c) more or less ruling out a) and b) being impossible for even the most fervently alive.

That's a bit slack. I thought you were going to post a version of the song as an ode to the moderately-talented player.
    If Swansongster had posted it, I would never have had the courage to reply. When I read your post I thought "something's not quite right about that, but what is it?". so had to Google it.

And Tony Armstrong had 17 possessions at 100% efficiency. He's on his way. Surely he's good enough for the Pies.

Yep, Tony was great, but so was Jesse in his first couple of games.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast