Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Craig Bird and Laidler re-sign

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Yep, Tony was great, but so was Jesse in his first couple of games.
    Yep. They both have excellent skills, apparently are both really nice guys.

But when the battle heats up in ernest, they both go missing.

The Pies thought they could do a Swans to the Swans, and turn these guys careers around. They appear to have over estimated themselves.

Hawks on the other hand, seem to have a similar player driven culture to the Swans, so not at all surprising that Spangher is doing well there.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Interesting that laidler got 2 years. Unless hes carrying an injury, hes a depth player who isnt going anywhere else.

Maybe its a sign that malceski wont be here next year.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Interesting that laidler got 2 years. Unless hes carrying an injury, hes a depth player who isnt going anywhere else.

Maybe its a sign that malceski wont be here next year.
    I was thinking that too. For a fringe player coming in, he's had a really good year so far.

2 more years shows a lot of faith, from the Swans, that he'll continue to improve.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Goes up to 11
    Doesn't mean we're paying him big bucks though - we're his third club and he'd be looking for some job security over big money so I'm sure he happily signed a two year deal when we offered it...

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Sounds like Mark Fine. He is getting worse and more dramatic by the day. Seems to me he incites people to get a rise on his show. Used to like him but I think he has just about disappeared up himself.

- - - Updated - - -
    It was Mark Allen (if that's how you spell it?) from Marko and The Ox...his exact words were ''Adam Goodes was an absolute disgrace'' ... fair enough he took a dive but surely you can't label a dual brownlow medallist, dual premiership player, premiership captain, swans games record holder, indigenous games record holder and the AUSTRALIAN OF THE YEAR a disgrace.

Normally don't mind listening to him but he loves having a dig at the Swans at every possible occasion...it's becoming tedious. Also a Swans supporter who definitely sounded like someone from our beloved RWO community text SEN saying it was rubbish to call him a disgrace and Marko just laughed it off and had a dig at the person sending the text as well...he had a pretty ordinary couple of minutes!

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Doesn't mean we're paying him big bucks though - we're his third club and he'd be looking for some job security over big money so I'm sure he happily signed a two year deal when we offered it...
    Yeh agreed...he seems to have slotted in off the field with the boys very nicely as well so no doubt he's loving life in the Harbour city...I'd say its heavily incentive based in regards to the amount of games he'll play, similar to what we offered Everitt at the end of last season.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    It was Mark Allen (if that's how you spell it?) from Marko and The Ox...his exact words were ''Adam Goodes was an absolute disgrace'' ... fair enough he took a dive but surely you can't label a dual brownlow medallist, dual premiership player, premiership captain, swans games record holder, indigenous games record holder and the AUSTRALIAN OF THE YEAR a disgrace.

Normally don't mind listening to him but he loves having a dig at the Swans at every possible occasion...it's becoming tedious. Also a Swans supporter who definitely sounded like someone from our beloved RWO community text SEN saying it was rubbish to call him a disgrace and Marko just laughed it off and had a dig at the person sending the text as well...he had a pretty ordinary couple of minutes!
    I find it very difficult to listen to Mark Allen as he doesnt like the Swans at all (he is a Collingwood supporter who toes the Eddie line). I find he has some fascinating personal views on life that I find breathtaking for their lack of sense and logic, so sometimes he is fun to listen to just for that.
    However, the person who texted in actually suggested that Mark Allen was being racist for his comments, and that is why they went off at the texter. In this case I agree that MA wasnt being racist but I dont agree that Goodes's continual staging is a 'disgrace' as I just find it a touch embarrassing for the great man.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456