Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: So... for the Swans to finish top 2....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    Hawthorn losing to Freo is great for our top 2 chances.
    If Hawks lose next week and Freo smash Lions, Hawks to drop to 4th?
    I'd prefer Hawks win next week.
    If swans win they will be one game and some percentage clear on top.

Top 2 would be awesome and i honestly don't care who we play. Bring it all on!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I struggle to watch Geelong play now days because of the Chris Scott childish infantile juvenile reaction to every free kick going against his team or every free kick not paid which he believes is his team's God given right to receive.
    He is Joel Selwoods coach. Constantly pleading/playing/diving for frees is what they do..

Freo were awesome - kicked 17 goals. Hawthorn kicked 3 goals in the second half.

The top 4 looking a little different.

Swans 64 142.7
    Cats 64 112.8
    Hawks 60 138.5
    Freo 60 128.8

I don't like Hawthorn chances for next week. They'll have only 5 days to recover comparing to Geelong's 7 days. Unless they find something extra or expose Geelong for being a pretenders in top 4, I would think they might lose that game.

Pretty good news for us. Basically it means we only need to win one of our next two to be guaranteed a Top 2 finish.

So... for the Swans to finish top 2....

Ironic result. I've always been in awe of Hawthorn's kicking (particularly their field kicking) but today their kicking was their Achilles heel.

No disgrace to be beaten by Freemantle. Roughie to return next week will make a huge difference to their forward power. A Cats v Hawks draw next week would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ironic result. I've always been in awe of Hawthorn's kicking (particularly their field kicking) but today their kicking was their Achilles heel.
    Freo's pressure had a lot to do with that. Probably the best it's been since they flogged us in the prelim. Ferocious.

And scarily their ferociousness almost ran for 4 qtrs. Against us it was half a game. Ross may have learnt from last year. They are looking primed.

Who do we want to play Cats or Dockers? Watching the Dockers strangle hawks scared me looked like last years game against the Swans . Cats are a another tough unit. Things looked so much easier 3 or 4 weeks ago . I don't think we can beat the Dockers if they play like that. My vote CATS!

We can beat anyone, anywhere, if we bring our best. Freo were rampant yesterday, and I wouldn't want to face them at Subiaco. But we can beat them if we play well enough.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast