Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 21 V St Kilda.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    ...I would love to see ROK get one more game in the red and white seniors but which game could you do it? It is a bit hard to give him a farewell game if he hasn't announced his retirement or stated that he is off to another club! Paul Chapman is still getting games with Essendon but there is not really any obvious 'niche' to fit ROK into in our team as it is structured at the moment.
    The only 'niche' (is that a crevice if you are a ROK?) could fill would be ably filled by either Mitchel or Jones, the inside midfleider role.
    If, and I hope it won't happen, only if Bird or Kennedy go down Pebbles could step into that position. If it was for finals game would you prefer Pebbles, Mitchell or Jones? In that situation I think I would prefer the experience of R'Ok in over the youth of Mitchell/Jones.
    Otherwise McGlynn could move into the middle and bring in another crumbing/defensive/attacking forward?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Swans won't rest on their laurels as finals approach - AFL.com.au

A predictable Horse response. So all conjecture of resting sore players goes out the window....

As aardvark predicts, so do I...

IN : Smith

OUT : Laidler
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

One thing I would like to see is both Cunningham and Lloyd in the 21 this week. Both had good games on Saturday. Harry looked confident all game and is looking as if he will develop into a top shelf player. Lloyd had 8 possession in 12 minutes and was very composed for such an important game. That sealer goal would have been a big confidence builder and it would be good to reward him with a full game.

It's hard to fathom how much space Harry was afforded. It seems to happen in most games.

Surely teams will start to man him up soon.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    One thing I would like to see is both Cunningham and Lloyd in the 21 this week. Both had good games on Saturday. Harry looked confident all game and is looking as if he will develop into a top shelf player. Lloyd had 8 possession in 12 minutes and was very composed for such an important game. That sealer goal would have been a big confidence builder and it would be good to reward him with a full game.
    That's all very well, but at the expense of who? The other youngish, "fringe" player currently in the team is Rohan but he was good at the weekend too, playing a different (and arguably more pivotal role than either Harry or Lloyd) and is improving every game playing this new role.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Swans won't rest on their laurels as finals approach - AFL.com.au

A predictable Horse response. So all conjecture of resting sore players goes out the window....

As aardvark predicts, so do I...

IN : Smith

OUT : Laidler
    Nothing if not boring and predictable is our Horse. Must be a nightmare for the journos to interview. You could listen to two dozen of his interviews - pre match, post match, midway through the week - and he says exactly the same thing. When we lose, we just weren't good enough. When we win, lots of players played their roles, which was pleasing.

It must be far more fun to interview Malthouse or one of the Scott brothers, who always manage to find something other than their teams to blame for ordinary performances.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That's all very well, but at the expense of who? The other youngish, "fringe" player currently in the team is Rohan but he was good at the weekend too, playing a different (and arguably more pivotal role than either Harry or Lloyd) and is improving every game playing this new role.
    Goodes. Green suits him.

I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical of Reid's form and role in the team.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical of Reid's form and role in the team.
    Horse said his role is crucial to the team's structure.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Reid was quiet at the weekend but he's playing a role that nobody else can at the minute and has done it pretty well this year I think.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Nothing if not boring and predictable is our Horse.
    Agree entirely Liz. Just add "we need to continue to improve". "It's a relentless competition". etc etc.

Perhaps more predictable is the young bloke who does the after match interviews in the rooms "How important was it to kick the first four goals?" "How important was it to stop Gary Ablett from having an impact?" "How important was it to get a team performance" "How important was it to feel you were over your injuries?" How important was it to score more goals than the opposition?" "How important was it to our finals chances to keep winning" "How important was it to my question to ask how important was it ....."
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Id be very surprised if there were any moves to rest people this weekend. I'd expect that may happen in Rd 23, should we win our next 2 and results go our way, meaning that we are assured a top 2 finish. Would be awfully risky to make 4 or 5 changes, then not show up and get done in a game we are expected to win.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast