Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 21 V St Kilda.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Goodes. Green suits him.
    What????????? Too much indignity. Make it Jets.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    We might not 'rest' players but it wouldn't surprise me if we have a few guys not play with injuries that we didn't know they had...

I'd say Jets would benefit from a week off...and if K.Jack's ribs will improve with a week off then Horse and co would be stupid to not give him a spell - and the same goes for Goodesy and his knee.

In previous seasons it would have been much riskier to rest players because we didn't have the depth like we do now, having so many guys running around in the NEAFL that are capable of playing top line AFL is a luxury that we should exploit over the next 3 weeks.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

K. Jack's rib problems go back to the start of the season and have survived two byes. What makes people think a week off will make a difference?

I simply don't think Swans medical staff permit players to play with injuries that could be cleared up by a week's rest. If someone's not up to play then they'll be pulled like Smith this week and Buddy the week before.

Bad luck for Keiran or Goodesy if they were planning a weekend away with the missus.

Swans won't rest on their laurels as finals approach - sydneyswans.com.au
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veteran Site Admin
    My guess (and it is purely a guess) is that Jack's ribs aren't a huge concern during game time but that he may be prevented from training midweek as hard as he otherwise might. That could explain why we're not seeing the end to end gut running from him that we've gotten used to. He's still making handy contributions, and I don't think there's anyone in the reserves (certainly not fit and in the reserves) who could come in and make remotely the same kind of contribution he's making.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical of Reid's form and role in the team.
    I think you would be in the minority there.
    If we are to only play one recognised ruck who will help out Pyke?
    If the opposition have two big forwards who goes on their ruckman when resting in the forward line?
    Reid can play on the ball, out on a wing, sweeping defender, full forward and a roaming CHF and play those positions well. As someone mentioned in another thread Reid would be one of the first picked each week. He is sort of playing the Goodes role of a few years back.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    I agree with those calling for minimal changes only.

In smith
    Out laidler

More intersting is the question of who to make sub. I would actually make jetta the sub this week. Give Lloyd a full game again with his excellent disposal. Jetta has looked a little propppy after the last few games so he gets a little rest as sub. And we can see if he can bring some speed back when he comes on later in the game.

Veterans List
    Being sub SHOULD give you 3/4 game rest so a good way to freshen up key players without them missing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Being sub SHOULD give you 3/4 game rest so a good way to freshen up key players without them missing.
    Agreed. It SHOULD give them a small rest. So who is your choice for sub this week ?

Out: Laidler, Goodes and Jetta
    In: Smith, Membrey and Mitchell

Mitchell would be sub with Lloyd getting a full game and Kizza having an early mark. I believe Goodes and Jetta have struggled with injuries last few rounds. Though their performances don't suggest this. They have been proppy towards end of games. A week off over the next couple of weeks would help manage their niggles. Jones and Biggs could also come under consideration over next few weeks. I just don't want to see a repeat of last year were we limped into the finals.

I don't get all the calling for a week off for some players, they are only two weeks back from having a week off!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Agree entirely Liz. Just add "we need to continue to improve". "It's a relentless competition". etc etc.

Perhaps more predictable is the young bloke who does the after match interviews in the rooms "How important was it to kick the first four goals?" "How important was it to stop Gary Ablett from having an impact?" "How important was it to get a team performance" "How important was it to feel you were over your injuries?" How important was it to score more goals than the opposition?" "How important was it to our finals chances to keep winning" "How important was it to my question to ask how important was it ....."
    The 'how pleasing' question is just as dense. 'How pleased are you at winning your fourth grand final in a row?'

I do like Horse's deadbat to all the questions. He even managed to make his rejection of Eddie's job offer sound boring. It was probably a hilariously incendiary conversation, but Horse made it sound like as interesting as a wet weekend at the beach shack.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast