Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 21 V St Kilda.

Regular in the Side
    There will be rain this Saturday and we may consider replacing a tall with a small. Love to see Jake playing a full game again after wearing the green vest for two consecutive games

The question remains who you would put in the green vest? I don't think Goodes offers much off the bench. He needs time on-field to find a chance to impact the game and sometimes goes missing for a quarter as a result. Given the forecast, maybe Zac Jones in the green and in for Goodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I don't get all the calling for a week off for some players, they are only two weeks back from having a week off!
    According to Horse

"No, we make sure we play our best available squad and if we need to freshen them up, they'll miss a training session, as they've done during the course of the year.
    "If we feel as though they're a bit sore, that's what we'll do.
    "But come game day, we try to play the best available team that we've got.
    "We do that every week and I'm sure between now and the end of the year it'll be the same."

I agree with Horse somewhat. I'm not saying give players a week off if they're "a bit sore". I'm not a doctor, but IMO Goodes and Jetta are little more than "a bit sore". As they have been limping noticeably at the end of games. Whilst they can probably push through, why risk them breaking down. Why not 'manage' them so that they can have a significant impact in the last 4 or 5 games of the season. The most important and highest pressure games of the year. Do we not have faith in some of our reserves players? As i said I am not a doctor and maybe a week off will make no difference.

Goes up to 11
    The club will do what's right for each player. It's also worth remembering that every team is in pretty much the same boat at this time of year...

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical of Reid's form and role in the team.
    More importantly to Sam, the Coach has /is a BIG fan. Reid is not going anywhere...ressies or trade.A very understated important role player in our team. You don't realise what you have until you don't have.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Agreed. It SHOULD give them a small rest. So who is your choice for sub this week ?
    A big mistake to assume that a sub will play one or a bit more quarters. You need to pick a sub who you are confident can play 4 quarters in case there is an early injury. If you are thinking of resting then you rest properly ...out of the 22.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I don't get all the calling for a week off for some players, they are only two weeks back from having a week off!
    In some cases sore bodies don't mend after just one week off. I wont be surprised to see at least one player out with an injury (rest) similar to Franklin and Smith last few weeks. And I'm very happy how our midfield's work load has been managed this year ...thank you Benny, Birdy, Richie, Parkes and Lloydy for stepping up. I know Hanners has been missing through injury for a number of weeks but a blessing in disguise. Music to my hears when I heard Horse say after the Port game that Hanners told him that he felt great and was running on top of the ground in the last quarter. Not the case this time last year for a lot of our midfield.

I couldn't help wondering when I saw the fluff piece on ROK whether Horse would allow him a send off at the SCG this weekend. Any chance?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    I couldn't help wondering when I saw the fluff piece on ROK whether Horse would allow him a send off at the SCG this weekend. Any chance?
    I couldn't imagine ROK being the sort of guy that would want a game gifted to him just for the sake of it, he is far too professional. I'd say that if he was offered a farewell game he would politely decline.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I couldn't imagine ROK being the sort of guy that would want a game gifted to him just for the sake of it, he is far too professional. I'd say that if he was offered a farewell game he would politely decline.
    Fair point. Don't really think it fits for Horse either, but it will be a shame to not cheer the champ off for the last time.

I have a gut feeling that if they played pebble the team would perform slightly better than if he was not in the side. Could you image saying to the team "ok this is mostly likely Pebbles last match with us go out and do it for the team and him". With the respect he holds in the team that would be an easy ask. It would certainly take the complacency out of the equation.

Just wild about Harry
    Out: Goodes, Laidler, Jack
    In: Membrey, Smith, Jones

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast