Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 21 V St Kilda.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Maybe we can sneak in C.Mills under a different name...40 touches in the reserves as a bottom age under 18 player is absolutely unheard of! What a shame we have to wait nearly 20 months to see him play...genuinely think we've got something special on our hands and i'm going to take this opportunity to apologise for all my future posts about how much of a jet he is because there will probably be quite a few!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

It's looking touch and go for another wet one. Should we prepare for a possible slog? If it's very sloppy, maybe ROK is a legitimate inclusion, not just charity game.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Well, ROK is definitely trying to keep himself in shape in case.

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I know they won't, and probably shouldn't...

But just for a discussion on who people think could benefit from a rest, and who would be good to give game time to in case needed later....

OUT : Jetta, Jack, Franklin, Goodes, Kennedy

IN : Towers, Mitchell, Membrey, Nankervis, OKeefe
    ROK will not play seniors again unless it is a send off match. All the language around O'Keefe this year has been disguising this. I have seen quite a few of the reserves replays and some live matches and while he is a very good player at NEAFL level he has lost that extra pace needed to play AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Well, ROK is definitely trying to keep himself in shape in case.

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au
    Yeah, but not much help on the Father/Son front.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    The only 'niche' (is that a crevice if you are a ROK?) could fill would be ably filled by either Mitchel or Jones, the inside midfleider role.
    If, and I hope it won't happen, only if Bird or Kennedy go down Pebbles could step into that position. If it was for finals game would you prefer Pebbles, Mitchell or Jones? In that situation I think I would prefer the experience of R'Ok in over the youth of Mitchell/Jones.
    Otherwise McGlynn could move into the middle and bring in another crumbing/defensive/attacking forward?
    It is pretty obvious you haven't watched Jones. Her plays as a small back like Rhyce or Smithy. He is not a mid. You are getting confused there. if Bird or kennedy go down you also have the luxury of having a proven finals player who can play both back & mids in Biggs. You could also look at Hewett. ROK is not up to playing in the mids at AFL level any more. LRT battles to get a kick at NEAFL level and is actually lucky to hold his place. Sad!

Have you seen any footy this year? Sorry for this but Benny has played in the mids all year. He is no longer a small forward he is a mid/foerward. This is something we are doing with al our small/med mids and forwards. They haver to be flexible. Benny plays more time mid than forward. He has been a wonderful mid this year and looks like getting All Australian selection.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    It's hard to fathom how much space Harry was afforded. It seems to happen in most games.

Surely teams will start to man him up soon.
    Harry just quietly slips out the back like a cockatoo at a Two Up game. Just beautiful the way he does that. Teams have to match up on all our tall forwards then they have to give a very good player to Goodes. Then we have all the resting rovers/mids. Harry sometimes gets the last guy, the least important backman. This will probably change but that will just free up a resting mid. Harry often gets the role of defensive forward on their ball runner. He is so quick he more than often shuts them down but also manages to get free himself and hurt them badly.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I think it's more smart footy with Harry. He's largely given run-with roles on our opponent's offensive runners/ball users so the bloke he's on is less defensively minded. But every now and then Harry backs us to win the ball, hares off and is gone. The wide footage of him before he was alone in the 50 against Port show just that.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

This is what I would like to happen.

In; Biggs, Hewett & Membrey

Out: Goodes, Jetts & Kizza

All three are carrying some soft tissue problems and could do with an extra rest. I couldn't hurt after all.
    I would make Birdie the sub. The reason for that is that he and kizza had a lot of it last week but some of their forward delivery was terrible. the kick without looking has crept back into our game and both of them are soooooo guilty! By the way Biggs would play wing, as he did when he first came to us, Hewett mis/forward & Membrey forward.

If smithy is right then include him for Laids.

What will happen:

In; Smith (if fit)

Out; Laids

They might decide to rest both Pyke and Reid in the next three weeks but probably not against Richmond. Maybe rest Pykie this week and Reid against bullies. That would change everything lol.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    It is pretty obvious you haven't watched Jones. Her plays as a small back like Rhyce or Smithy. He is not a mid.
    Not in the games I've seen. He's played as a small defender. And he's played as a midfielder. He played as both at U18 Championship level and at TAC Cup level last year. He might start off at senior level earmarked as a small defender but I doubt the club has pigeonholed him into a specific career-spanning role yet.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not in the games I've seen. He's played as a small defender. And he's played as a midfielder. He played as both at U18 Championship level and at TAC Cup level last year. He might start off at senior level earmarked as a small defender but I doubt the club has pigeonholed him into a specific career-spanning role yet.
    In the games I've seen he has played as a small defender. He has spent a few games in the mids but not many. first year at the club. We generally like players to be very well trained in our mid set ups before even getting a game at Senior level in the mids. He isn't! Simple because he hasn't played enough there to be well versed in the mids. Almost all his games have been in the defence for the Twos. He might have played one or two games in the mids or some part games. When they want to move him to the mids he will play not just a lot of time there he will play there all the time. Marsh back, Biggs from wing to back, Harry from wing to back to forward, BJ from wing to forward, Hewett inside mid to outside mid to learn. They get put in positions to learn what is expected and if they excel they are retained there, Biggs is a good example. Jones has been seen as a really goof option in defence and he was rewarded for playing really well with 3 AFL games. Next year if Rhyce retires he will probably move into his spot.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    It is pretty obvious you haven't watched Jones. Her plays as a small back like Rhyce or Smithy. He is not a mid. You are getting confused there. if Bird or kennedy go down you also have the luxury of having a proven finals player who can play both back & mids in Biggs. You could also look at Hewett. ROK is not up to playing in the mids at AFL level any more. LRT battles to get a kick at NEAFL level and is actually lucky to hold his place. Sad!

Have you seen any footy this year? Sorry for this but Benny has played in the mids all year. He is no longer a small forward he is a mid/foerward. This is something we are doing with al our small/med mids and forwards. They haver to be flexible. Benny plays more time mid than forward. He has been a wonderful mid this year and looks like getting All Australian selection.
    Yeah, okay Jones is a defender with midfielder possibilities. I suppose I just have difficulty not picturing him charging into packs, around the ground, to get the ball out.
    Similarly, I still see Ben in that forward role with rotations through the mids, probably because Harry, who I am assuming took his small fwd role, does not stand out as much as Ben used to. Sure Ben follows the pack around the ground but I still think a lot his more obvious impact is still forward of centre.
    BTW I have seen the footy this year, I also have most games on recorded too. I just don't see everything the same way you do.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast