Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice note from ASRC Melbourne following Swans vs Hawks match

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

Nice note from ASRC Melbourne following Swans vs Hawks match

Hi folks

Received the attached letter earlier this week. You might recall a small group of us members organised Swans vs Hawks tickets that came with our membership, packaged them up with an even distribution of Swans/Hawks scarves, refreshment vouchers etc and sent them down to the refugee centre in Melbourne.

Have a read of the notes from the four people (two from Africa and two from Fiji) by downloading the letter below. They clearly loved the game and the evening.

Surprisingly, what I liked most was Jenny's account (click on the PDF link beneath the picture) of the reaction from the Melbourne people, particularly the Swans supporters. The visual picture I have in my head of a bunch of random Aussie Swans fans explaining to two women from Africa at three quarter time why Buddy is being booed is priceless!

That kind of warmth and friendliness was precisely what we were hoping for. If anyone on this forum happened to be any of these people, thank you!

We'll look at doing this again next year and might join them this time.

Save the letter below and open in pdf.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Danzar; 14th April 2016 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Picture problems
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Goes up to 11
    That is awesome! Great work, and fantastic to see the feedback. Hopefully it becomes a regular thing and I'm sure there'll be others on here to pitch in however they can.

We have the best supporters

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Don't we! I was stoked to hear that. Apparently, complete strangers were coming up to them as soon as they arrived at the train station, as well as on the street, wishing them a great night and game.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Terrific job Danzar.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Brilliant stuff! I just wish I'd had a ticket to contribute.

What a wonderful result, Danzar.

Well done to you - I know it took not only generousity, but also time and effort to get everything organised.

On the eve of Member Recognition Round, your gesture and the friendliness of the other Swans fans is the perfect lead in to what should be a great day tomorrow.
    I know I'll now have an extra big smile on my face as I see all the red and white in the crowd.

Thanks again Danzar. It's moments like these that remind us all what it means to be part of this great Club!

Jenny

Happy and I know it
    Fabulous Danzar! Well done to think of and then organise this. Thanks for letting us know about the recipients' reactions.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

A heart lifting story Danzar, great work.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Long Term Injury List
    Your idea was great from the start Danzar and you must be pleased that it was successful, great effort.
    While my Melbourne / Swans membership doesn't help with tickets, I would be happy to help with donations to cover the scarves, food etc. if you organise this again.

Blog Entries
    A great feel good story.
    Well done Dan and the others who help in arranging it.

A few times at the football in Melbourne I've sat near families or groups of foreign or indigenous people.
    I often wonder what their path to the swans is.
    Now, thanks to you, we know the story of 2 sets of people.

Goes up to 11
    Its a story worthy of the Swans website I reckon - I think fellow fans would like to hear about it.....

Great idea to do that Danzar and an inspiring story. Yes, the Swans website should pick it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast