Thread: Jed Lamb -- Disappointment

Jed Lamb -- Disappointment

Not only was he a disappointment to us by leaving after his first year but he must be a big disappointment to GWS. He has been dropped several times this year and has failed to consolidate his place in the side. While he obviously has talent but seems to lack drive. When he was at the Swans my only criticism of him was that he didn't impact games enough. He didn't ever take the game on and make it his. This was something that was a problem even at NEAFL level. He seemed lackadaisical, even uninterested at times and yet he could have a burst that left everyone in awe.

At the moment he seems to be a depth player, which is not good for him. As soon as they get better depth he will be redundant. If he doesn't have a breakout game soon he is finished as far as I can see. All the hype of his move to gWS has turned into a fizzer. If he was playing regularly it would be seen as a win to them but in fact he is an over paid reserves player at the moment.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jed didn't leave after his first year, he was drafted in 2010 and left after 3 years with us.

I assume he'd be unhappy with his season and where he sits in their pecking order. He'd earnt a recall recently and was good early in their match against North, then had a nasty ankle injury and had to be subbed off- I don't know if he played in the NEAFL on the weekend, but I assume he didn't hold his place in the seniors because of that ankle.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Suspended by the MRP
    He is a fine young man as evidenced by the care he gave Gary Rohan when Rohan sustained that awful injury. Rohan is now coming good, and Jed deserves a lot of credit for that. They are best friends.

Maybe Rohan can help get him going in the offseason. Maybe they can push each other in a brutal off season that takes them both up a gear.