Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Swans V Saints Match Day Thread

Just watching a recording of the game and kept a close eye on JPK. Around 3qtrs through the first qtr I noticed him touch the back of his left hammy just briefly but continued to play on out in the ground. He even kicked the long ball to buddy for his 3rd of the qtr after this. He played out most of the qtr without much influence but I never saw him grab at his hammy again. He even started the 2nd qtr in the middle and very early on was standing the mark at half back arms up moving about then followed the kick to the next contest which was then near the interchange gates. As the play moved away from there you briefly see him motion for someone to come on and he jogs off then subbed a short time later. As horse has said, it doesn't appear to be a serious hammy as he tried to continue but I guess it didn't feel right. Hopefully he only misses the last 2 games max as we need him fully fit for our tilt at the flag. On the bright side hopefully it'll freshen the rest of his body up too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Kennedy clear of damage. Conservative approach during week and assess later in the week if he needs a week off. GREAT NEWS (Sorry - wrong thread)
    Great to hear! This news must've just come out as I was writing my post re: Kennedy! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    He is 24. Hope he gets there before it's too late.
    Brett kirk was a late starter and he turned out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Brett kirk was a late starter and he turned out ok.
    If Towers ends up as good as Kirky i'd be very happy.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Biggs looked like he had played every game this year.
    Was composed and disposal was mostly OK.

It's not very often we get young players that just slot into the team so well.
    Especially in the back half where they work so well together.

Pyke is getting back into some form.
    Dropped a few marks he would normally have swallowed.
    Yeah - given several of the boys have not played together for too many games , the movement from the back was quite good.
    Doggies game will be a bit tougher , but the game v Tigers will be a good test of what they can - or can't ! - do.
    We will likely have Smooch and Habib back by R23 , but if not , I reckon these chaps will not let us down.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678